Environment

CAN’T STAND THE HEAT: Greens Macedon candidate Nicky Haslinghouse flees public meeting as the going gets tough

greensmeltdown500

A member of the VEXNEWS Investigations Unit attended a Macedon candidates forum last night in Woodend on sustainability issues held by the Macedon Ranges Ratepayers Association.

Four candidates came along, Liberal, the Labor incumbent, anti-pokies independent Dr Lorraine Bayer and the Greens candidate Nicky Haslinghouse.

The first three were all good, polite, spoke well and seemed measured decent people. All I’m sure would make good MP’s.  Then there was poor little Nicky.

She seemed to think that the whole night was some Greens PR stunt and all she had to do was turn up and adoring crowds would fete her every utterance. Her performance stunned and amazed those assembled:

The 21 year old Melbourne University-attending,  mud brick house dwelling ( it’s true she made a point of mentioning it)  lefttard, who professes to have the answer to society’s ills despite still living at home with affluent mummy and daddy and never having held a job, started off in typical pixie-dwelling condescending greens fashion, made repeated mentions of “the great Bob Brown” (its true, she actually referred to him as the ‘great Bob Brown’) whom she “loves” dished out a series of empty platitudinous statements in response to a series of set questions that had been submitted in advance by the forum organisers.

Things then disintegrated when questions were taken from the audience. Unable to answer why it was that the three upper house greens have never once taken up repeated offers to sit on the parliamentary environment committee, Haslinghouse retorted that perhaps it had something to do with the other people on the committee. When it was pointed out to her that two of the committee members Joanne Duncan and Donna Petrovich were both present in the room, an awkward silence followed, accompanied by a strange pained expression on her face.

PANICKED DEPARTURE
A clearly flustered Haslinghouse stumbled through the next question before announcing that she had to leave as she had been sitting in a hot car all day and that the room was too hot and if she didn’t leave right now she was going to collapse in a dramatic fainting performance. She was then escorted from the room by a faithful scruffy green manservant. The audience then had the pleasure of listening to her having a panic attack outside and having to be calmed down by her hemp clothed cohort.

I initially thought that maybe her blood sugar was low as perhaps she didn’t havea break from all the sitting at Bob Brown’s feet in genuflection, interspersed with the odd bout of saving the planet, however one glance at the big eating lassies’ ample frame soon put paid to that idea.

NOT SO GOOD ON ACCOUNTABILITY
Haslinghouse who had previously pulled out at the last minute at an earlier community forum held in Sunbury without explanation despite giving repeated guarantees to the forum organisers that she was keen to attend appears not to be cut out for pesky concepts such as political accountability, preferring the good life of selectively answering tame questions fed to her on Facebook by a legion (well 200) of spotty undergraduates.

Her departure left many in the room unable to ask the hard questions of her such as:

Given that you attended the exclusive Penleigh & Essendon Grammar School which receives significant funding from government and have been happy to take the education that you received,  how do you reconcile this with the Greens policy of cutting funding for such schools? Is it a case of hypocrisy or do you just don’t know what the Greens policies are?

The other burning question I had to ask her was:

Do you not find it somewhat ironic that you claim that the heat in the room was made you feel ill yet the room in question was designed to be environmentally friendly and sustainable and thus has no air conditioning? Closely followed by: Given that you earlier lectured the crowd on the evils of air conditioning,  Do you feel stupid or is the irony yet to sink in?

1. I feel bad for this poor girl. She is being exploited by Fa got Brown. Where are the Bravehearts now?

Posted by Patriot | November 24, 2010, 12:08
  2. Her mummy and daddy obviously didnt tell her that money doesnt grow on trees!

Posted by Patriot | November 24, 2010, 12:09
  3. Did anyone mention my secret relationship with Tony Right? If they did I bet it was a Christine Milne plant

Posted by Sen Hanson Young | November 24, 2010, 12:10
  4. Bob Brown is just another [deleted] in a Green Shirt!

Posted by Patriot | November 24, 2010, 12:10
  5. My family and I received our ballot papers in the mail today after applying to vote via post (wife is sick so thought we had better).

We live in a marginal seat, about 2% ALP holds this in the outer east of Melbourne.

I can say there’s 3 votes MR Bracks got last election that MR Brumby won’t going back to the VEC this afternoon.

Posted by Too Late MR Brumby | November 24, 2010, 12:12
  6. I’m sure Wendy can explain why her pet didn’t do all the tricks she has been taught to do. But perhaps rather simply another Green failure due, can’t handle the scrutiny.

Posted by Sotherby | November 24, 2010, 12:14
  7. Greens and their thin skins. No wonder Clive Hamilton wants to suspend democracy!

Posted by ha ha ha ha | November 24, 2010, 12:22
  8. Green candidate encounters the real world. Hilarity ensues.

Posted by Gregoryno6 | November 24, 2010, 12:32
  9. If this is all true, which I think it is, then this Greens bimbo also fits the pattern of many lower level Greens candidates I have heard as similar forums in Port Phillip. They can’t answer the hard questions or questions outside their narrow focus agenda. Lets have more public forums to expose the dumb and dumber candidiates; Greens or otherwise.

Posted by Adrian Jackson | November 24, 2010, 12:58
  10. There is problem in my country… and that problem is The Greens…

Throw The Greens down the well!

Posted by mick | November 24, 2010, 14:24
  11. Patriot, I dislike the Greens as much as you do, but calling Bob Brown a [deleted] doesn’t advance your cause.

Posted by Age of Reason | November 24, 2010, 14:26
  12. 3 more sleeps until Labor SUFFERS – I can’t wait:)

Posted by anon | November 24, 2010, 14:37
  13. I love fooling the Greens into thinking that I care about the environment

Posted by not Mike Baird | November 24, 2010, 16:04
  14. Looking at the photo of Bob and Nicky reminded me of that old nursery rhyme. ” Fat and Skinny had a race all around the fireplace. Skinny said it wasn’t fair coz he lost his underwear”

Posted by Rob | November 24, 2010, 16:19
  15. Fun questions. I hope the Greens become more professional – democracy is improved by such stuff.

Posted by RJ | November 24, 2010, 16:33
  16. Sotherby, your personal attacks on my mother are awful and have left her feeling distressed.

Everyone is entitled to their political views and my issue is not whether you are a semi literate whack job, rather it is your nasty belittling of women and denigration of those who hold alternate views.

Posted by Wendy's daughter | November 24, 2010, 16:34
  17. Is she single??

Posted by [deleted - impersonation] | November 24, 2010, 16:36
  18. It just goes to show how talented you have to be to get a green ticket.All the greens policies are pie in the sky items designed by the easter bunny.
    How could anyone with a brain vote for these fairies in the garden. Are people really that dumb?

Posted by andy bult | November 24, 2010, 16:40
  19. I bet its a fully bushy affair down there, no ride home for her.

Posted by RDR | November 24, 2010, 17:17
  20. Ahahahahaha!!! What a pisser. And this is a party that is supposed to be taken seriously? Man, I gotta watch that Greens’ country yokel ad again… at least they are good for a laugh!

Posted by The Truth | November 24, 2010, 17:19
  21. Second thoughts I could floss as I dine on a ‘seaford banquet’ down there.

Posted by RDR | November 24, 2010, 17:23
  22. @Wendy’s daughter: its called proposing alternative views, i guess thats something lost on you greens.

Posted by Sotherby | November 24, 2010, 17:47
  23. What is this fat pig wearing??

Posted by Adam Bandt | November 24, 2010, 17:51
  24. Adam she did not get that cute figure from eating lentils and rabbit food but the necklace is bizarre.Perhaps Mummy would not lend daughter her pearls just in case she lost them in the wilderness

Posted by Adrian Jackson | November 24, 2010, 19:41
  25. I am not a Green Mr Sotherby, not that you appear to appreciate anyone else’s views.

You are obviously a male pig and a nasty little person with smelly little views about those who disagree. As my mother says, you probably have a petty little job where you are a lowly creature of routine, possibly dominated by a strong female boss.

Posted by Wendy's daughter | November 24, 2010, 20:40
  26. Gutless Andrew post my comment…..”is she single?”

Posted by [deleted - impersonation] | November 24, 2010, 21:49
  27. What a miss piggy pig pig. My car isnt a swine transport vehicle so no ride home for that porker.

Posted by RDR | November 24, 2010, 21:59
  28. can dish it out but cant take it back, sums it all up

Posted by Sotherby | November 24, 2010, 22:53
  29. maybe she should lose the mexican bandelos or stop imagining she is a very faithful canberra footballers mutt….better still ,just stop taking the 2 fukwit pills prescribed daily to all greens members

Posted by willy orwonte | November 24, 2010, 23:26
  30. Nicky reminds me of the Incredible Hulk. A large green mass incapable of coherent speech.

Posted by Rob | November 25, 2010, 0:39
  31. I would not be too hard on her as she seems to have all of the makings of a true politician.

Posted by Todd | November 25, 2010, 3:51
  32. I would like to know the carbon footprint associated with the production of all the excess food she very obviously eats.

Posted by Da Bitch | November 25, 2010, 13:19
  33. The dutiful band of green scouts band handing out cards this morning at Sunbury station the slogan “Standing Up For Whats Right Not Just What’s Easy” ..mmm apparently that does not extend to public forums.

Seriously the average person is more green than the greens.

Posted by A truer Green than the Greens | November 26, 2010, 10:25
  34. Wendy’s daughter, indeed the difference between both you and your mother and me is that i have a job, I’m sure picking cans out of a bina nd driving to SA to get the deposit is considered employment by the Greens but i guess trying to post under other peoples names on a political news site is also a registered occupation with the Greens?

Posted by Sotherby | November 26, 2010, 11:37
  35. You may have a job Mr Sotherby, but it sure as sh*t doesn’t involve spelling of proper use of English. I suspect that’s why your views are those of a sloth, you are too lazy and ignorant to seek out the facts.

Best save for your strength for Ikea, you McMansion and Plasma TV for the rugrats.

Posted by Wendy's daughter | November 26, 2010, 12:35
  36. Can we quit with the personal abuse and villification please? This is meant to be a political discussion, so can we stick to the topics please!! And Sotherby, Trudy from the Clinic called to say your next appointment is Tuesday and please bring your sample jar this time.

Posted by Wendy's mother | November 26, 2010, 13:24
  37. No one takes the fat, cuddly politico prize except me. What has this girl got that I don’t. She doesn’t have Mr Right looking after her in Canberra. She doesn’t get drunk at the Kennedy Room and then shriek in the Senate. There is only one SHY and that’s me.

One other thing. That witch Christine Milne might tell my husband about my affair with Mr Right (and a couple of Mr Wrongs!). Don’t believe her as she is only jealous.

Posted by SHY Senator | November 26, 2010, 13:31
  38. I do wonder why Wendy must post under multiple names, and impersonate others- i guess its that multiple personality thing coming back- have another hit of the bong and see how you feel later.

Posted by Sotherby | November 26, 2010, 14:33
  39. Nicky and I attend the same Jenny Craig centre

Posted by Inga | November 26, 2010, 16:53
  40. Apparently there was only about 20 people there including the intriguing ‘Braemar Sefton’ so it couldn’t have been too bad for her …

Posted by 5 Mile Creek | November 26, 2010, 20:52