GELLIBRAND: Bad news is that Kimba lost, Good news is VEXNEWS is back in rude form

suleymanrats
It’s half-killed me not being able to write about a hotly contested preselection – Gellibrand – but I thought it 1) best that I not write about the fact that the best person in the world was running given my obvious bias and 2) not likely to be helpful to her if I did. But it’s over now, so normal transmission resumes.

In the end, but for the reneging by one group on an iron-clad commitment, my beloved Kimberley Kitching would have topped the poll and gone on to win, most probably. Why this reneging happened is a mystery that will perhaps be best explained by the next round of state preselections, due after the big looming redistribution.

Instead, a politically clueless smug cold fish but polite enough young essay-writing chap, Tim Watts, won the local vote. Hopefully he’ll do his Conroy faction people proud and not be the full Andrew Leigh he sometimes seems to be. Nicola Roxon with a penis, was one description by someone concerned with all his lefty fanboys on Twitter. He’ll need to make a big effort to warm up and connect with non Twittering people in a way he’s not appeared to yet and there’s probably no course he could do to figure it out.

The Conroy peeps’ conduct in getting the Senator’s pick in a suit elected has been remarkable in its blind obedience and also in their lack of faith in the decision they were implementing. Watts has been a nearly universally disparaged candidate from those supporting him, in many private discussions with me, certainly not for being stupid but for not being especially active in the party he wanted to represent. He’d even let his party membership lapse prior to running and declared himself to be an “ex-Labor hack” on Twitter. He is apparently not actually a member of what is called the Labor Unity faction, although this was not going to be an impediment in his case, with the keeper of the membership list on-side and obedient to his master.

Being the gracious chap that I am, I sent young Watts a congratulatory text: “I wonder who will protect you when Conroy’s gone.” I’ll leave it up to you to decide whether I’m kidding.

As for my wife, I think she deserved a better result than she got. But I would say that wouldn’t I? Some friends who went astray on her, despite initially urging Kimba to run, are enough to fill me with the greatest sadness. I hate losing friends, I really hate it. Especially like this.

And the truth is they were kind of bludgeoned into betrayal by Conroy, whose long-term master-servant relationship with them is reflective of an abusive spouse or Dickensian-style workhouse boss. Hopefully in between beatings, he’ll give one of them a seat some day. They’ll really have earned it, black eyes and all. I shouldn’t care but my heart bleeds for them. I feel like I’ve fought so many battles with them, for them, protecting their reputation from the most vicious and powerful critics that they were my blood brothers and sisters and yet it didn’t count for much at all. They are to be more pitied than despised. They have not learned the wisdom of my now long since lost Godfather 3 poster – and will probably never learn – that real power cannot be given, it must be taken. Betrayal is not a word to be used lightly but that’s exactly what they did.

Another factor was a rather scurrillous campaign run against Kimba by the incumbent Nicola Roxon, about which I have been asked not to write any more at this point. VEX has never been a huge fan of Ms Roxon’s work and it is rather confronting to have your prejudices so stunningly confirmed even in such an unfortunate way. My wife has a different – and more litigious approach – from my own to dealing with these things so I’ll leave it to her to do what she needs to do. When I read her gutsy, take-no-prisoners, email response to what Roxon had done, I was powerfully reminded just how brightly Kimba’s light shines. I wonder how the true culprit would have coped?

The most amusing aspect of Roxon’s clumsy intervention in this exercise is that she was clearly put up to it by those associated with the person whose candidacy she’d seemed so committed to defeat, Tim Watts. Conroy’s lads played her like a Steinway grand piano. An appropriate end in some ways for an utterly politically clueless career where she championed Mark Latham and various other dubious causes that are central to why this government really hasn’t fulfilled its potential and couldn’t sell ice-creams in the Sahara.
Apparently Harvard has invited her to hang out with them and share her wisdom on how to extend the nanny state from its currently inadequate levels in the US to scale the Roxonian heights achieved here. They have much to which they can look forward with joy. Their loss is our gain.

So that was that. The bad guys – including a number of our supposed friends – prevailed, with a candidate they could not defend on merit. We wish them luck in the future. They’ll need it. They chose to lie down with a log and will undoubtedly get up with splinters. When I hear the inevitable complaints about him in the future, those brave and true patriots who supported the strongest candidate won’t need to say “I told you so.”

1. Kudos for Kimberley in her efforts to shake up the shabby regime. In the words of the Iron Lady: “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it”.

Posted by voice of reason | April 9, 2013, 8:46
  2. Sorry to hear it didn’t pan out for your wife Andrew.

Posted by Harry Lime | April 9, 2013, 9:14
  3. Andrew, move to NSW. I think Kimberly would have a better chance running here. There is a power vacuum in the ALP.
    People in the inner and outer west, are climbing over each other to quit the party. I’m one of them.
    What Dastyari and others won’t tell you is that up to 20 branches across the state will fold within the next 2 years.
    On Conroy, he is enjoying success because of the weakness of NSW and to a lesser extent Queensland and WA. Vic Labor’s resurgence on the federal executive is due to Arbib’s departure. In saying that Dastyari, Foley and to a lesser extent Houssos are far more brighter and ruthless than Conroy, and they work with a larger playing field. Vic Labor is at a peak now but Federal Labor is weak, coincidence?

Posted by The Member for Mushi Mushi | April 9, 2013, 10:59
  4. No mention of Katie??

Posted by Joe Blogs | April 9, 2013, 11:18
  5. High roller casinos are for transferring money from one sleaze bag to the next with the casino playing washing machine.

Does Sydney or indeed the nation need such a thing?

Posted by Assange | April 9, 2013, 11:35
  6. Having heard of none of the candidates till they were announced as running for preselection, I found I was extremely dissspointed with the calibre of the people the “Right” were pushing. The only one of the 5 on offer that was suitable LABOR Federal MP material was clearly Kimberley Kitching. On paper, her voluntary involvement/work with the Party and her professional credentials left the rest for ‘dead’. Anyone who was in doubt realised at the candidates forum she was the outstanding candidate. Kimberley literally wiped the floor with them all. Her presentation, projection and knowledge was excellent. Julia Mason scrubbed up well but nice lady as she is, was never in the running. The forum to meet the candidates was excellent. Well organised, well run and gave very useful insights to them once the 5 were stacked in a line against one another. Well done Gellibrand FEA for organising it. I changed my vote as a result of it and I know others did. Unfortuneately my choice did not win but at least that forum made me & others see that the choice of MP’s does not always mean they are backing the best candidate. I know you said you would not go to Panel Kimberley but you should. You won that right with the high First votes you polled.Preferences should not come into preselection votes. The top two first votes should face off at POSC. Please have a go.

Posted by Democracy in action????? | April 9, 2013, 11:46
  7. You were uncharacteristically foolish Andrew for trusting the Suleymans in the first place.

They are disgusting.

Posted by Brimbank remembered | April 9, 2013, 13:12
  8. You wanna know the really story behind all of this?
    Melbourne has finally seen a Watts get a contested possession.

Posted by NeeldBeforeZod | April 9, 2013, 13:36
  9. We had warned you about the Suleymans and you called us racist.

Now what say you?

Posted by Sunshine Residential Army (SunRA) | April 9, 2013, 16:05
  10. Did the crap Victoria inherited from NSW have anything to do with it? (You know who I mean!) If so, I pity the Vics. Stand up and tell him to p*ss off. His day is done!

Posted by Stunned | April 9, 2013, 16:38
  11. Where’s an upload of the Katie Hall dirt sheet? Or only the privileged few get to read it ?

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2013, 16:39
  12. No-one should read it although there are probably still a few spare copies in Sam Rae’s boot.

Posted by Marky Ward | April 9, 2013, 17:15
  13. We are all Doomed

Posted by H the B | April 9, 2013, 17:25
  14. Sounds like a Dean Sherriff “dirt sheet” effort.

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2013, 17:31
  15. I’ll have a tug of my old little winky over a photo of my beloved Thatcher.

Posted by Little Johnny Howard | April 9, 2013, 18:17
  16. I am a great fan of Kimberley. I believe she would have been an outstanding member for Gellibrand. It is very sad that she lost. Good luck next time Kimberley and I hope you win big.

Posted by Lyle Allan | April 9, 2013, 18:39
  17. The filth in the ALP is ethnic branch stacking. Obeid is only the tip of the iceberg. The branch stackers and their masters like Bull Shitten and Steven Cuntroy need to go to prison or else the corruption will just get worse and worse.

Posted by the filth and the furious | April 9, 2013, 19:11
  18. Gellibrand has always preselected boring ugly types – perfect for Conroy.

Posted by Colonel Hogan | April 9, 2013, 19:23
  19. Too bad her name wasn’t Kathy Jackson – she’d be a walk up start!

Posted by Stunned | April 9, 2013, 19:31
  20. Conroy is impotent and can’t shoot anything but blanks.

Posted by anon | April 9, 2013, 19:48
  21. “Few people can join the dots, and one of them lives in the Lodge.” – Type that into a search engine and read the article, it names all the parasites. They should ALL go! They are a disgrace to Labor and the union movement!

Posted by Catwoman | April 9, 2013, 20:32
  22. “At the moment, the party branches are dying, because the rank and file are given no voice in the Party. The members and branches no longer have any say in preselections or in policy. Unless this trend can be reversed, we will become a party that exists just to provide a path for ex-trade union leaders and ex-staffers of politicians to enter parliament.” — A NSW Member’s comment to the 2010 Bracks, Faulkner, Carr Review.

Posted by Niddrie Booth Captain | April 9, 2013, 21:06
  23. I was at the LU caucus when the thundering herd if the SDA arrived.

Kimberley spoke and awed us all with her grace and decency.

Then Dim Tim spoke and ran through his CV. Yawn.

Naturally Tim won, protecting Conroy’s illustrious political legacy.

Posted by POSC Powerbroker | April 9, 2013, 21:24
  24. To be a member of parliament for the ALP – don’t join, don’t door knock, don’t hand out, do nothing but get elected to a private sector board that sacks Aussie workers and sends their jobs overseas. Simple.

Posted by Goneski | April 9, 2013, 21:26
  25. A Pyrrhic victory is a victory with such a devastating cost that it carries the implication that another such victory will ultimately lead to defeat. Someone who wins a Pyrrhic victory has been victorious in some way; however, the heavy toll negates any sense of achievement or profit.

Posted by happenings | April 9, 2013, 21:29
  26. No – getting a job on a private sector board requires some effort – Just ask Steve for a seat. He got himself. his ex-wife and current wife one each and had one for Kathy Jackson too – just tell him which house you want to be in and it’s yours!

Posted by mortein | April 9, 2013, 22:02
  27. You are not defeated when you lose, you are defeated when you give up.

Posted by RMN | April 9, 2013, 22:22
  28. Mehmet made a big mistake………will be sacked soon,,,,,,,,who will defend him?????

Posted by LU Member | April 9, 2013, 22:39
  29. David Asmar and Fatih will defend Mehmet…..

Posted by another LU Member | April 9, 2013, 22:43
  30. How????

Posted by LU Member | April 9, 2013, 22:44
  31. DEATHSQUAD

Posted by another LU Member | April 9, 2013, 22:49
  32. DEATHSQUAD

Posted by LU Member | April 9, 2013, 22:50
  33. Suleymen are good people

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2013, 22:51
  34. their nicknames is rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttsssssssssssssssssssss……………….

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2013, 22:54
  35. Rats

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2013, 22:54
  36. [DELETED]

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2013, 23:13
  37. Niddrie Booth Captain you took the Words right out of my Mouth. Same here. Members,why join, have no say. Branches? lucky for enough coming to open the meeting. Stacks? where do they all come from at Party elections? All we are getting for Parliament is non-members, union hacks who have never worked a Day in their life and second rate Lawyers. The Voters are not that dumb to fall for that crap.

Posted by Brimbank hack | April 9, 2013, 23:14
  38. You should treat your friends better Andrew

Posted by Wild joker | April 9, 2013, 23:26
  39. Still waiting for someone to answer the phone HSU

Posted by long gone | April 9, 2013, 23:28
  40. Tillem and mem suleyman seen having celebratory drinks at Crown tonight. It seems they screwed you nice andy!

Posted by Giles | April 9, 2013, 23:29
  41. What happened it was in the bag she would not have run otherwise

Posted by Blind Freddy | April 9, 2013, 23:47
  42. Boo hoo! So KK didn’t get parachuted in to a safe seat. Drink a cup of cement and harden up.
    Maybe she shouldn’t have done that sh!t sheet. Then again, Dirty pool is the only game you guys play so I won’t be crying in my weaties over her loss.

Posted by Lie down with dogs | April 10, 2013, 0:55
  43. @Long gone. You’ll be waiting a while mate. They continue to bleed members because they have no idea what they are doing. In the meantime they have sent a survey our to members about a name change. Talk about fiddling while Rome burns.

Posted by Lie down with dogs | April 10, 2013, 0:59
  44. Gellibrand safe? Not sure it will be for much longer especially with cardboard cutout cocksure coot Tim Watts.

Big swing against him likely.

Posted by psephologist | April 10, 2013, 5:46
  45. Don’t credit my intellectual property with others.

I pulled off my master stroke.

Posted by Mehmet of Newport | April 10, 2013, 7:49
  46. I see things going on around me but I don’t understand.

Posted by Timmeh | April 10, 2013, 7:50
  47. The language says it all: “sh^t sheet” – “grubs”. Sounds like Steve: the biggest grub. A manufacturer of lies and rumour, the loudest squealer when stung himself. No-one is answering the phone at HSU?!? I suspect his sons, daughters and rest of his family are no doubt leeching off some other Party, Union or State benefactor. He’s the king of Nepotism. Eventually it will all be revealed – people will see what a parasites this man and family are.

Posted by baygon | April 10, 2013, 8:16
  48. In Summer,Sunglasses were used mostly in summer daytime.

Posted by misunderstood | April 10, 2013, 8:35
  49. remember those nos that Mehmet used to claim? they’re not his. what a joke this idiot secretary is, along with his sponsor new man and fi fi

Posted by what a giggle | April 10, 2013, 12:41
  50. I’d like to find out more? I’d want to find out some additional information.

Posted by Broken Spring in Farmington Hills | April 10, 2013, 14:04
  51. My how little things have changed in the Vic ALP over the last 30 years. Every time I read and article like yours Andrew, and a pat on the back for writing it, I realise I made the right decision when I got out.

The notorious branch stacker Conroy got his own way in this little war. It is a pity he can’t perform as well as a Minister, but then again, developing, selling and implementing policy does require skills that this bruiser doesn’t have. His comeuppance will happen eventually.

Posted by PeterS | April 10, 2013, 14:23
  52. I have promised more jobs in my electorate office than the taxpayer has provided. This shows my creative approach to economics from the LSE.

Posted by Timmeh | April 10, 2013, 15:07
  53. It was all Daddy’s fault

Posted by Mem | April 10, 2013, 15:13
  54. Hakki is the best Electorate officer in town

Posted by Tammo | April 10, 2013, 15:13
  55. I lie.

Posted by Nat the rat | April 10, 2013, 15:14
  56. I think Gellibrand people should vote Liberal. David McConnell grows truffles in his spare time. He is so much more interesting than Mr Watts.

Posted by wtf | April 10, 2013, 15:53
  57. Dad, please bring home the cheese.

Posted by Nat the rat | April 10, 2013, 18:18
  58. We agreed at the family meeting that I would take the rap. Shame no-one believes a pack of liars.

Posted by Hakki | April 10, 2013, 18:22
  59. Daddy, do I still get my seat with the red velvet?

Posted by Nat the rat | April 10, 2013, 18:23
  60. Daddy, you have shamed us

Posted by Mem | April 10, 2013, 18:24
  61. My word is my good behaviour bond

Posted by Nat the rat | April 10, 2013, 18:26
  62. Who are these Suleymans I keep hearing about?

Posted by Timmeh | April 10, 2013, 18:27
  63. I told you to put the tweet machine away Timmeh. Lets hide it near the shit sheets.

Posted by Mehmet | April 10, 2013, 18:34
  64. you & kimberley should join the liberal party. you know you want to

Posted by evil bastard | April 10, 2013, 20:16
  65. Why don’t any of big heroes that throw around unfounded accusations and insults use your real names? What a cesspit of cowards. Clearly you are not involved in politics for moral reasons, so if its easy money or power you are after there are plenty of better ways to get it. Stop wasting your lives.

Posted by Craig |Williams | April 10, 2013, 20:43
  66. When hakki and Nat the rat give their word you can take it to the bank

Posted by Mehmet for the senate | April 10, 2013, 21:20
  67. Which Bank??

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2013, 21:21
  68. 1st of April Bank

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2013, 21:22
  69. Rrrrraaaaaattttttttssssa

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2013, 21:22
  70. I smell cheese

Posted by Nat the Rat | April 10, 2013, 21:24
  71. Hakki+Natalie+Mem= RATS

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2013, 21:24
  72. I have the upmost respect for Kimberley who l first met in local government and was impressed than at her ability and charm. Kimberley made the effort to call me and discuss issues and aspirations for Gellibrand which is more than the other candidates did. No doubt she would have made an excellent MP for Gellibrand and will find a place in our national forum in future.
    Best regards.

Posted by BM | April 10, 2013, 21:29
  73. All this got a good run on 7.30 NSW – Heather Ewart didn’t reveal much more than was on Vexnews. Still there were a few choice tidbits to fill in the gaps…

Posted by Grug69 | April 10, 2013, 21:45
  74. No1 spot in Western Metro is for Nat the Rat.

Posted by Rewarding the Rat | April 10, 2013, 22:11
  75. I give my word I deliver… Me no lie, no bullshit. But I had to be a spy and lie this time because I want to get #1 spot for my daughter. I am very smart.

Posted by Hakki | April 10, 2013, 22:19
  76. I can still be trusted in the future. I promise when Nat get the vacancy in the west I will stop lying

Posted by Hakki | April 10, 2013, 22:22
  77. Nat the Rat is not viable. Maybe young Mem could run instead.

Posted by Mehmet | April 10, 2013, 22:27
  78. It’s amazing what you conjure up with nice big wheel of Brie

Posted by Mehmet | April 10, 2013, 22:29
  79. Mehmet Tillem made a big mistake.

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2013, 22:29
  80. For all those who contributed to paying down Ratty Hakki’s Big Fat Legal Bill, I thank you.

Posted by George Defteros | April 10, 2013, 22:30
  81. Do I have to look at Rick Garotti in the mirror every day forever?

Posted by Mem | April 10, 2013, 22:31
  82. My word is my good behaviour bond

Posted by Ratty Hakki | April 10, 2013, 22:33
  83. My favourite meal is a Double Whopper with cheese.

Posted by Memorodent | April 10, 2013, 22:35
  84. Is Mehmet the faction or conman secretary??

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2013, 22:36
  85. Natalie is homeless. Can we help her??

Posted by Housing commission | April 10, 2013, 22:42
  86. Nat is homeless. Can we help her??

Posted by Housing commission | April 10, 2013, 22:44
  87. Shame on you Hakki

Posted by Housing commission | April 10, 2013, 22:52
  88. Rat Rat Rat Rat RatRat Rat Rat Rat Rat Rat Rat Rat Rat RatRat Rat Rat Rat Rat

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2013, 22:54
  89. Noah your days are numbered.

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2013, 22:55
  90. Mehmet wasn’t involved at all

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2013, 23:10
  91. I agree but why wasn’t he???

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2013, 23:11
  92. Because he is the faction secretary you idiot

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2013, 23:12
  93. Which faction????

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2013, 23:13
  94. You are a morone…. Conman faction

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2013, 23:13
  95. But we are in the LU faction

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2013, 23:14
  96. Who paid Hakki and Natalie Legal bills??????

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2013, 23:17
  97. I cant tell you but Mem is working hard for it

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2013, 23:18
  98. where does he work????

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2013, 23:19
  99. TWU

Posted by Debts helper | April 10, 2013, 23:20
  100. Mehmet, Noah’s days are numbered…

Posted by who wants to bet? | April 10, 2013, 23:24
  101. This has been a cost-free exercise for my family

Posted by Memorodent | April 10, 2013, 23:25
  102. The scab is a traitor to his God, his mother, and his class.

Posted by stephen | April 10, 2013, 23:26
  103. They don’t use their real names and hide behind others’ when making threats in real life. Craig Williams you must be like them and think we are stupid. I’m sorry you aren’t in the loop – but believe me a lot of the coded and veiled references on here are giving them something to think about. If it doesn’t make sense to you, dw, it’s probably not meant to. Their days are numbered and there’s a bit of fun to be had letting them know that the game is almost up.

Posted by misunderstood | April 10, 2013, 23:28
  104. We are traitors, but we don’t consider our selves traitors.

Posted by Hakki, Nat the rat and Mem | April 10, 2013, 23:29
  105. Why did I stoop so low?

It’s all about the cheese.

Posted by Nat Rat | April 10, 2013, 23:31
  106. This principle is old, but true as fate, Kings may love treason, but the traitor hate.

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2013, 23:31
  107. Ratting is much less fun when you get caught

Posted by Ratty Hakki | April 10, 2013, 23:32
  108. It was a gigantic betrayal. She is indeed a traitor.

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2013, 23:33
  109. A nation can survive its fools, even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within….for the traitor appears not to be a traitor…he rots the soul of a nation…he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist.

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2013, 23:35
  110. No worse fate can befall a man than to be surrounded by traitor souls.

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2013, 23:35
  111. I am running and running around the Conroy mouse wheel delivering to myself more and more cheese

Posted by Ratty Hakki | April 10, 2013, 23:37
  112. A traitor is everyone who does not agree with me.

Posted by Stephen Conroy | April 10, 2013, 23:37
  113. A fuckwit is anyone who agree with you.

Posted by Burhan | April 10, 2013, 23:39
  114. What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?

Posted by Ratty Hakki | April 10, 2013, 23:41
  115. I am a rat, hear me gnaw, with numbers too cheesy too ignore

Posted by Ratty Natty | April 10, 2013, 23:43
  116. Traitor is a general term that can be used for any person who is infidel and breaks the trust and faith of someone which has vested faith in him.

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2013, 23:43
  117. Traitors should be dealt with strictly and should be brought to book.

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2013, 23:45
  118. Dad, my attempts to blame you for this made me look even lower and slimier.

Was the chess worth it?

Posted by Memorodent | April 10, 2013, 23:46
  119. Slither slither slither

Posted by Memorodent | April 10, 2013, 23:51
  120. Before I would’ve taken a bullet for you Guys, now I want to pull the trigger.

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2013, 23:53
  121. That’s enough Rodent. You can’t even throw your own father under a train convincingly…

Posted by Ratty Hakki | April 10, 2013, 23:53
  122. To everyone who fucked us over, played us,tried us or lied to us, because you’re are all dead to us.

Posted by SMC | April 10, 2013, 23:56
  123. Pretty cut up not everyone is happy for me. This is about me, not all you factional lickspittles.

Posted by Timmeh | April 10, 2013, 23:57
  124. was a nice dinner Andy

Posted by SMC | April 10, 2013, 23:57
  125. My shit sheets worked a treat.

Posted by Joyce | April 10, 2013, 23:58
  126. This cheese doesn’t taste as good as I hoped.

Posted by Nat Rat | April 11, 2013, 0:00
  127. Nat I thought of you today. I saw a cockroach and you crossed my mind. I stepped on it.

Posted by Telmo | April 11, 2013, 0:01
  128. Don’t worry Nat this will be forgotten quickly.

Posted by Memorodent | April 11, 2013, 0:01
  129. We lost and yet can feel like we won

Posted by SMC | April 11, 2013, 0:02
  130. Sam Dastyari says I’m wonderful. He’s always right.

Posted by Timmeh | April 11, 2013, 0:03
  131. Sometimes I wish I was a bird. So I could fly over certain people and shit on their heads!

Posted by Marlene | April 11, 2013, 0:04
  132. Andrew Leigh, yum.

Posted by Timmeh | April 11, 2013, 0:05
  133. Andy why dont you publish the photo,,,do it now

Posted by SMC | April 11, 2013, 0:06
  134. I know the Libs laugh about me getting a seat but I’ve proven myself by doing more to dishonour my reputation than anything I ever actually did on Brimbank council.

Posted by Nat Rat | April 11, 2013, 0:07
  135. Nat, you are damaged goods, you need a cleanskin like me to arise as an alternative.

Posted by Memorodent | April 11, 2013, 0:08
  136. “There are but two parties now: traitors and patriots. And I want hereafter to be ranked with the latter.”

Posted by SMC | April 11, 2013, 0:09
  137. Those Suleymam votes are getting cheaper by the second. We’ll get them next time for a couple of Kraft singles.

Posted by Newham | April 11, 2013, 0:09
  138. “We are getting rid of the traitors one by one.”

Posted by SMC | April 11, 2013, 0:11
  139. “He was our mentor in the ALP, but he’s a traitor now.”

Posted by Mem and Nat the Rat | April 11, 2013, 0:13
  140. I am concerned the Suleyman brand may have sustained a bit of a hit.

We can always call our friend Andrew for help. He’s always been there for us no matter the risk or cost.

Why isn’t he answering our calls any more?

Posted by Ratty Hakki | April 11, 2013, 0:14
  141. Conroy finally fucked us. And yet we did it to ourselves. My shame overflows like a busted sewer.

Posted by Ratty Hakki | April 11, 2013, 0:17
  142. It’s best to have failure happen early in life. It wakes up the Phoenix bird in you so you rise from the ashes.

Posted by We love you Kimber | April 11, 2013, 0:17
  143. I feel sick. And it’s not from the cheese.

Posted by Memorodent | April 11, 2013, 0:20
  144. Nothing is more irritating and hurtful than a person who makes promises and breaks them over and over again. It shows lack of consideration for the others feelings and also means the person cannot be trusted or relied on. Do not make promises you feel you may not be able to keep, because besides being irritating, it also ruins character.

Posted by Anonymous | April 11, 2013, 0:23
  145. A Pyrrhic victory is a victory with such a devastating cost that it carries the implication that another such victory will ultimately lead to defeat. Someone who wins a Pyrrhic victory has been victorious in some way; however, the heavy toll negates any sense of achievement or profit.

Posted by Memorodent | April 11, 2013, 0:24
  146. Stop it right here all of you,,,, I Trust the suleiman’s and you should trust them too!!!! everyone deserve 10000000000 chances

Posted by Anonymous | April 11, 2013, 0:27
  147. Those who don’t know the value of loyalty,can never appreciate the cost of betrayal.

Posted by SMC | April 11, 2013, 0:30
  148. If someone hurts you, betrays you, or breaks your heart, forgive them for they have helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious to whom you open your heart.

Posted by SMC | April 11, 2013, 0:31
  149. One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though … betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope

Posted by SMC | April 11, 2013, 0:33
  150. How’s going to BELIEVE the Suleymans if in the middle of BELIEVE was the word LIE.

Posted by SMC | April 11, 2013, 0:37
  151. That moment when your so-called ‘best friend’ betrays you. Betrays your trust and every bit of faith you had in them. They leave you with the memories…

Posted by SMC | April 11, 2013, 0:40
  152. FUCK YOU AS I AM GOING TO GET YOU!!!

Posted by Anonymous | April 11, 2013, 0:41
  153. We are ready to cut the Suleymen loose at the first convenient time.

Thanks for playing.

Posted by Newham | April 11, 2013, 0:50
  154. What have I become?

Posted by Mehmet | April 11, 2013, 0:51
  155. i’m not too fussy after a drink and a dance I thought it was Natalie Suleyman undoing my fly, but it was George Seitz ah doesn’t matter I don’t mind

Posted by Ken Capar | April 11, 2013, 1:01
  156. What have they done to my song?

Posted by Nat the Rat | April 11, 2013, 1:09
  157. My prayers were answered when I heard that Kimberley Kitching didn’t get the gig, she is as useless as tits on a bull and the way she treated staff in her role as GM at the equally still dysfunctional HSU has been disgraceful and to even call herself a Labor person is why the ALP is in the situation it is in now. What a hypocrite this women is. No one, especially Kimberley, or yourself Mr, Vexnews, should complain about the shit sheet, whatever it said, that went around during this preselection as Kimberly herself, or with at least full knowledge has been involved in the use of shit sheets during the last HSU election either wrongly or rightly acting the Bolano candidacy so don’t dare now complain about the use of this tactic. Karma is a wonderful thing, what goes around comes around and this time Karma came around to bite Kimberley in that fat arse, the next will be the even more incompetent Dianna Asmar who is only dreaming if she thinks she will ever become a state member of parliament. That is one I’m waiting to personally get nvolved with myself to make sure she never eat that chance as like Kimberely she does not deserve it

Posted by Prayers were answered | April 11, 2013, 8:11
  158. I told you so.

Posted by George Brouwer-Droutsas | April 11, 2013, 10:08
  159. As officially designated family fall guy, I will be available for a public dunking at the Labor Disunity meeting this Sunday. Slime provided.

BYO Cheese.

Posted by Ratty Hakki | April 11, 2013, 10:11
  160. No-one believes our lies any more, Daddy.

Posted by Memorodent | April 11, 2013, 10:12
  161. My fondness for cheese is undiminished by scandal.

No reasonable offer refused.

Posted by Nat Rat | April 11, 2013, 10:16
  162. Show me the money.

Posted by Defteros | April 11, 2013, 10:16
  163. From whom shall we leach our 2nd POSC quota this time round? We’re running out of friends… (sob)

Posted by Memorodent | April 11, 2013, 10:17
  164. Man up, Memorodent.

Keep your eyes focused on my prize not on what people think about you.

You can’t eat a reputation but you can eat cheese. Yum.

Posted by Nat Rat | April 11, 2013, 10:18
  165. Good one Nat, but what if you are not what they call a ‘viable’ candidate because you are the most controversial person in all of the world just because Ken Capar wanted to install a few Vietnamese automated dunnies with vibrating bi-sexual dunny seats in Brimbank.

I am not controversial, I have avoided scandal until now.

And I love a little bit of cheese.

Posted by Memorodent | April 11, 2013, 10:21
  166. It’s my seat Memorodent. Try taking it and I will gnaw at your nutsack.

Posted by Nat Rat | April 11, 2013, 10:26
  167. Stop bickering, little vermin. Big Stephen will decide what we get. He will give us one piece of cheese each when the time comes. I might starve for two years waiting for some cheese but loyalty is just so important to me. One day we will all get seats and I will be the head of the Suleyman cheese-eaters caucus. Memorodent can bring the crackers.

Posted by Ratty Hakki | April 11, 2013, 10:29
  168. I call Daddy because you are my sugar darling!

Posted by frosty | April 11, 2013, 12:25
  169. Who am I?
    I married an old fart, but you all think that he’s my dad?

Posted by Nat | April 11, 2013, 12:39
  170. “Nat”, are you Fatty Doyle’s wife?

Posted by Anon | April 11, 2013, 14:06
  171. got a funny feeling the days of fi fi and stevie running the faction are gone. about time someone told this 2 faced bitch to shut the fuck up and be grateful you have a seat. Or else you’ll loose it! many happy people in lu would happily stab this dog in the back.

Posted by something so funny | April 11, 2013, 14:29
  172. which way do I point percy fiona?

Posted by colon books | April 11, 2013, 14:29
  173. How do I face everyone now I’m known as a filthy liar?

Posted by Ratty Hakki | April 11, 2013, 20:13
  174. I’m a branch-stacker, frequently named in Ombudsman’s reports on where-there’s-smoke-there’s fire mini-municipal scandals.

I work for Senator Stephen Conroy after being out on the street after slack-jawed ingrate Justin Madden fired me after I was on the front-page of The Age in scandal just slightly more than he was.

I have been more shafted than most people in the ALP but I used to have some tight friends like the Asmars and the VexNews where they have a little statute of me out the front of their office as a symbol of defiance against inner-city latte-sippers.

I recently stabbed my friends in the back when I encouraged Mrs Vex to run for Gellibrand and then voted against her despite solemnly promising to vote for her.

I had formed a group with my other friends to ensure that we weren’t going to be pushed around any more by my bullying boss.

I had told them I was trying to keep my support for Kimberly secret from Conroy so he didn’t sack me and turn me into a kebab. Conroy knows how to gut a man in keeping with halal.

I am now scared the real reason for my treachery will come out.

I needed to create the maximum possible leverage with Conroy and the TWU slush fund so I could rake in the cash to cover my legal bills with that mob lawyer George Defteros.

I now have less debt than Switzerland and much more less than Cyprus.

I then instructed Mem, my son, to go out and blame me for my ratting.

I am willing to take the rap so that my offspring can populate the Parliament with my family values.

I am left feeling rather hollow though.

What have I become? How will my family name be seen for decades?

Posted by who am I? | April 11, 2013, 20:30
  175. Thanks for incinerating what was left of our reputation. Now we get nothing

Posted by Memorodent | April 11, 2013, 21:37
  176. Cesar is now ready to eat my cheese

Posted by Nat Rat | April 11, 2013, 21:38
  177. Can someone tell me who owns the Turkish stack now??

Posted by Anonymous | April 11, 2013, 21:40
  178. My cheese platter has dairy products from across the Brimbank region. The stinker the cheese the more it is appreciated by members of the rat community.

Posted by Nat Rat | April 11, 2013, 21:40
  179. The scab is a traitor to his people, his party and his faction.

I am a scab.

Posted by Ratty Hakki | April 11, 2013, 21:44
  180. I own the stack but Stephen owns me.

Posted by Ratty Natty | April 11, 2013, 21:45
  181. When honour’s gone, what’s left?

Posted by Memorodent | April 11, 2013, 21:47
  182. Nat Rat on this thread is an imposter.

I am the original Nat Rat.

Sam the Nat Rat.

Posted by Sam the Nat Rat | April 11, 2013, 22:09
  183. Who did that infamous sh!t sheet?

Tim’s a nice bloke, but altogether far too feckless to come up with a cunning stunt like that. [VEXNEWS: Those behind him who are not so much feckless as faceless]

Ka tie? She sabotaged her own candidacy for for a plum seat? That makes no sense at all.

Ki mber ley? Voted the one most likely. Her grubby hubby has got over 40 furlongs of form on that one. [VEXNEWS: Except he puts his name to his publications, unlike anono-cowards like yourself]

We report. You decide.

Posted by Lie down with dogs | April 11, 2013, 23:24
  184. My Steve is bigger than yours !

Posted by Nat | April 12, 2013, 8:42
  185. My sugar daddy follows me across borders, he’s so good to me: he spat the dummy and had the biggest tanty when NSW ran out of cheese and wouldn’t give us any more.

Posted by Nat | April 12, 2013, 8:55
  186. This cheese is starting to stink

Posted by Ratty Natty | April 12, 2013, 9:33
  187. Don’t worry, everyone loves a rat with a gold tooth.

Posted by Hakki Ratty | April 12, 2013, 10:07
  188. What have I done?

Posted by Memorodent | April 12, 2013, 10:08
  189. Mr Land eryou bravely wanted to put his name to us, but we thought he has already done so much.

Posted by Members Against Corruption | April 12, 2013, 11:48
  190. Fellow Patriots, while the cheese jokes are very amusing, and the reported acts of betrayal within LU very disappointing, can we think about the bigger issues here?

My question is how much work and life experience should one have before we think they can appropriately represent 100,000 voters in the Federal parliament? I just don’t believe that eight or so years working after university, with most of it being as a ministerial advisor, is enough to understand and represent the needs and challenges faced by working families. I’m sure that our Liberal friends in Higgins can share some experiences on the value of their new MHR.

The American founders, who did a lot of very nice work, included a requirement that an individual must be at least 35 to be eligible to run for president. Should we have a similar rule of our safest seats?

Posted by Niddrie Booth Captain | April 12, 2013, 13:25
  191. Scott Ryan went North with grand dreams which went South with alacrity and now survives on branch stacking and drowning bored party members with endless coffee invites because the Canberra competition is too hot for him. Truly the Noel Crichton Brown of his generation. A very horid little pigmy loathed to death by his fellow Canberra MP’s. Shame Ryan Shame.

Posted by Eloi | April 12, 2013, 15:02
  192. We are legion.

Posted by Members Against Corruption | April 12, 2013, 17:29
  193. But who owns the Turkish stack? Who runs them, who is financing them? Information please.

Posted by Anonymous | April 12, 2013, 17:30
  194. I am a rat please give me some cheese.

Posted by Suleyman Legislative Councillor Rat | April 12, 2013, 17:40
  195. I want my Legislative Council cheese.

Posted by Natty Ratty | April 12, 2013, 17:43
  196. A Pyrrhic victory is a victory with such a devastating cost that it carries the implication that another such victory will ultimately lead to defeat. Someone who wins a Pyrrhic victory has been victorious in some way; however, the heavy toll negates any sense of achievement or profit.

Posted by Natty Ratty | April 12, 2013, 17:46
  197. My cheese is starting to smell.

Posted by Ratty Hakki | April 12, 2013, 17:51
  198. Who cut the cheese?

Posted by Ratty Hakki | April 12, 2013, 17:51
  199. FARK ALL YOU CARNTS – IT IS MY CHEESE YUO CAN’T HAVE IT!

Posted by Sniff Sniff | April 12, 2013, 17:52
  200. Where’s the Cheese?

Posted by Peter Russell Clarke | April 12, 2013, 17:57
  201. Where’s my cheese?

Posted by Memorodent | April 12, 2013, 18:49
  202. Out damn spot

Posted by Timmeh | April 12, 2013, 18:57
  203. Out damn spot out

Posted by Timmeh Macbeth | April 12, 2013, 18:58
  204. Conroy told me to take some cheese to the Suleymans but I can’t be bothered driving to the western suburbs.

Posted by Timmeh MacCheese | April 12, 2013, 18:59
  205. I eat cheese too

Posted by Timmeh MacRat | April 12, 2013, 19:00
  206. Timmeh is already too uppity for us

Posted by Ratty Hakki | April 12, 2013, 19:01
  207. I am looking for a job that pays in cheese

Posted by Natrat | April 12, 2013, 19:02
  208. I like to make my own cheese, I have never been circumsized

Posted by Cheesy McCheesy | April 12, 2013, 22:08
  209. My friends are so disgusted.

Posted by Natty Ratty | April 13, 2013, 9:57
  210. Self-loathing is an important part of our story.

Posted by Ratty Hakki | April 13, 2013, 9:58
  211. You should know that Conroy is in charge with his stacks you don’t stand a chance.

Posted by Argus Tuft | April 13, 2013, 11:26
  212. Conroy decided to Shorten the odds

Posted by Argus Tuft | April 13, 2013, 11:27
  213. Crean admits he is a Masonic grub under orders along with a few others to cross the floor to vote with Coalition no confidence motion budget week.

Crean you are a disgrace old son. A terrible stain on family name.

Posted by Assange | April 13, 2013, 15:12
  214. Suleymans must make the other side Orcs?

Posted by Anonymous | April 13, 2013, 22:10
  215. Conroy has been loyal to his own inner tribe. The Turks need to wait for this upper house promise- or is it another mirage? Another deal wiser heads won’t permit? Billy’s tribe wanders the desert on a broken down camel called H SU. No bracks reforms means no progress. The old crooked game continues. Why get upset? If the Turks had courage they could take broadmeadows at every level. You have fallen for an old colonial con for decades. Conroy has played you like the English played the ottomans. This cynical ethnic game of divide and rule is as old as the hills.
    And in working class Sydney and Melbourne federal labor looks more and more like outsiders. People who visit the natives but are not from them and are not for them.

Posted by Central votes | April 14, 2013, 9:43
  216. High speed rail, yes as a show piece only between Melbourne and Canberra.

New underground system need for Melbourne not just one tunnel.

Posted by Wild joker | April 14, 2013, 23:44
  217. I’m a traitor, but I don’t consider myself a traitor.

Posted by Hakki | April 16, 2013, 1:40
  218. The man who does not do his own thinking is a slave, and is a traitor to himself and to his fellow-men.

Posted by Why??? | April 16, 2013, 1:43
  219. Less of me and all I’m trying to be. Building my kingdom just to find it so short of your glory I’m a traitor dressed up in pride.

Posted by Hakki | April 16, 2013, 1:45
  220. a lot of pointless banter about turks when the real issue is the waste of one of our safest seats on a dill who was a nothing adviser to conroy before holidaying in bracks office as a so called environment policy for six months while feed in tariffs and forests were running white hot. After six months he achieved…… a safe distance from conroys office …. and thats all…before taking a 350k job with Telstra….. and the morons running Telstra chucked shareholders money at this oxygen thief! No wonder their share price is a cause of eternal grief for T2 investors. The arse hairs of any of the other candidates would have been an improvement on Watts. That seat has provided a raft of Ministers who on any measure have done the party proud … until now… welcome to nuf nuf land

Posted by get a grip | April 16, 2013, 22:44
  221. Come on. Timmeez CV was on the nicest colour paper.

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2013, 9:20
  222. Who else but Hakki could take his daughters future, wrap it so carefully, nuture it for many years, then clumsily drop it in the toilet and press flush only to look around the room like a fool with a grin on his face.

Posted by Telstra Boi | April 17, 2013, 9:41
  223. None of the candidates were/are potential leaders or ministers, just shows that there is NO talent in the ALP

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2013, 11:17
  224. He is one of my members.

Posted by Central Branch | April 17, 2013, 15:30
  225. Conroy did not anticipate wearing the winner’s curse.

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2013, 15:40
  226. 15.40

I think the dear Senator has had a great Cadmean Victory!

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2013, 15:41
  227. Senator Killjoy… do you remember when he had the worst beard in history?

Posted by Anonymous | April 17, 2013, 17:45
  228. how the the Dare-bin court case going?

Posted by Anonymous | April 18, 2013, 21:17
  229. How the Brimbank stink?

Posted by Marky Ward | April 18, 2013, 21:54