Asides

Greensparty new spinner is cockroach expert

The Greensparty’s new spinner-in-chief Georgie Klug is highly knowledgable about cockroaches. This should equip her well for the challenges ahead.

Sent: Thursday, 31 January 2013 10:35
Subject: MILNE: INTRODUCING new Greens Communications Director

From: Hollo, Tim (Sen C. Milne) [mailto:Tim.Hollo@aph.gov.au]
Sent: Thursday, 31 January 2013 10:35 AM
To: ’email’; Klug, Georgie (Sen C. Milne)
Subject: INTRODUCING new Greens Communications Director

Dear all,

It’s with great pleasure that I can introduce to you Christine Milne’s new Communications Director, Georgie Klug, who I will bring around the gallery today to meet as many of you as possible.

George comes to us direct from heading up comms for the Fred Hollows Foundation, and with extensive previous experience in journalism and political communications. I know you’ll find her extremely helpful and great to work with.

You can reach George at Georgie.Klug-at-aph.gov.au and my old phone numbers – 02 6277 35XX and 0438 376 0XX. We’ll be sharing these phones over the next few days, but by next week she will have sole ownership of both.

As of next Friday, February 8, I am heading off into the great green yonder, to be a proper dad to my kids, play more music again (come along to a FourPlay gig when we start playing again!), write about green issues and set up a new organisation combining two of my great passions to make the music industry a practical and cultural leader towards sustainability.

You can reach me on 0409 518 4XX or @timhollo or email.

It’s been a great pleasure working with you over the years. Thanks for all the fun, and have a great election year!
Tim

Tim Hollo
Director of Communications
Senator Christine Milne | Australian Greens Leader
Suite SG-111 Parliament House, Canberra ACT
P: 02 6277 3588
M: 0438 376 082
T: @timhollo
http://www.christinemilne.org.au/| www.GreensMPs.org.au

1. Hmm – I’m not sure about the number of private email addresses and phone numbers that you’ve publicized here. Is it permissibile to publish such info? I think it to be certainly unadvisable.

Posted by PedroStephano | January 31, 2013, 12:12
  2. If going back 10 years and finding a article she researched for the ABC is the worst you can find, here we have a clean skin.

Still a sign the Greens are growing up maybe. There’s probably always the temptation to employ some activist hack with little in the way of real qualifications, just because they are very noisy, and disregarding the negative baggage they drag behind them, in all staffer appointments across all the political parties.

Posted by Digging the dirt.. | January 31, 2013, 21:22
  3. It’s funny as well as a bit dirty and a bit naughty. Keep it up Vex!

I love the stereotype of the former male Greens Comms Director leaving to take up gigs playing music and changing nappies instead of staying on for the election.

Posted by Giuseppe De Simone | February 1, 2013, 22:42
  4. Giuseppe,

The man’s done the job for more than five years and his kids were born when he started. Maybe you needed nappies at the age of five but most kids don’t.

He’s also a well known and accomplished professional classical musician.

Also, he’s not a “former male”… he is still a current male. There doesn’t seem to be any reason for you to mention his sex so I thought I’d take you up on that phrasing.

As for this ‘article’ in general, jeez… must have been a pretty slow day.

Posted by Aldous K | February 5, 2013, 19:57