VEXNEWS

HSU: An ugly and shameful start to the election war

The HSU elections have started with a foul-smelling bang as some feared with a dirt sheet of an extremely salacious kind about Jamie Matorana, a candidate for assistant state secretary of the branch. We won’t be republishing it and suggest those who have are taking a very big legal risk.

While normally we’d celebrate a good negative, accusing an election rival of sexual misconduct is pretty risky and dangerous stuff. We hope it backfires on those involved.

Sources close to Jamie Martorana’s Marco Bolano Team explained that their legal options in pursuing those responsible were limited but they intended to pursue it in the courts for defamation. There is a rich and colourful history of successful defamation actions involving union elections, some of them involving the HSU.

To explain just how complex the HSU election has become, Senator David Feeney is backing the Marco Bolano team that includes Jamie Martorana who is the son of Jan Cleeland. Jan Cleeland is a long-time staffer for Senator Steve Conroy.

Senator Steve Conroy is believed to be heavily backing their opponents in the Doug Byron Team, which is widely believed to be responsible for the despicable “gimp” sh*-sheet.

To add further spice to the bubbling soup, Senator Conroy’s staffer David Asmar is married to another Secretary candidate Diana Asmar, whose supporters have told us they were “sickened” by the personal attack on Martorana and said those responsible are “so filthy with corruption and sleaze they must have long ago stopped noticing the stench.”

“There are many people currently working at the HSU who have lost sight of what the union is actually there to do” one long-time union observer told VEXNEWS, “they are bringing the entire ‘union brand’ into disrepute by paying for prostitutes with union money and slagging each other off like school-children. It’s a miracle the union has survived all this.”

It does not serve union members of the country well that the most vicious allegations can be made – calculated at least to influence the election result – with no real consequence and no real policing.

We don’t know the solution but it’s easy enough to identify the problem. And those responsible.

1. OH SNAP!!

Posted by disgruntled | October 21, 2009, 16:13
  2. Press Release:

From Jamie Martorana, Candidate in HSU elections

Jamie Marorana, a candidate in the current HSU Victorian elections has expressed his deep disappointment that his sexual orientation has been used in an offensive attack on him in HSU elections.

Mr Martorana is a candidate for Assistant Secretary of the branch.

Mr Martorana says:

“Anonymous material mailed to members of the HSU yesterday clearly tries to establish that, because I’m openly gay, then I must be some type of sexual deviant.

“I’m absolutely stunned that my opponents think that this type of stunt will work with our union’s members. Twelve years ago I stood up and helped police convict a dangerous and evil man. At the time both the judge and the police congratulated me on the courage that took particularly as a young bloke. I withstood a concerted attempt by the defence to discredit me through tactics now repeated by my opponents, but I was happy to do my duty.

“I don’t believe that this electoral tactic will work – health workers are just better than that. I’ve been overwhelmed at the show of support I’ve already received from union members, and I really appreciate it”

Mr Martorana lost his home and all his possessions in the Black Saturday bush fires but says that now, as then, he’s been moved by the solidarity and support he’s been shown.

Mr Martorana says:

“This is the second time this year that I’ve had a lot of support from a lot of different people. There are no gays or straights when faced with a deadly fire, just neighbours helping each other out as best they can. And when it comes to our union I don’t see gays and straights – just workers who need to stick together to get a fair deal.

“There’s been a lot of stupidity and nonsense in our union in recent times – widely reported in the papers but frankly union members deserve better. I’m not going to let this distract me – that’s what my opponents want. I’m just going to campaign harder to get the union back on track”.

Posted by Press Release | October 21, 2009, 16:25
  3. [VEXNEWS: deleted – someone attempted to link to the defamatory material published by another website. Please do not so.]

Posted by disgruntled | October 21, 2009, 16:28
  4. If this state had a charter of human rights they could have complained there.

Posted by god help us Rob Hulls is deputy premier | October 21, 2009, 17:17
  5. The issue with Jamie isn’t whether he’s gay.

It’s whether he’s a good choice to be an elected official of the HSU.

He’s a mate of Jeff Jackson and a drinking buddy of the Jackson faction.

He’s been collecting a salary as a union organiser while the union has veered from crisis to crisis.

He still defends Jeff Jackson even after the brothel scandal and when Kathy Jackson physically attacked her opponents in the stairwell of the union office.

I don’t care what he does in the bedroom as long as it doesn’t effect the union.

I DO care that he chooses his friends so unwisely.

I DO care that he’s done a bloody awful job as an organiser, rarely seen in workplaces, too busy plotting in Park Street to actually do the job he’s paid for.

I suspect this leaflet is a vile distraction from that real truth. I know Doug Byron and don’t think he would do such a thing.

Has Jamie sent out this leaflet to make himself a figure of sympathy?

I agree this should be exposed but I think the answer might not be to Jamie’s liking. Marco Bolano is a dangerous man capable of anything.

Posted by disgusted from Cabrini | October 21, 2009, 17:20
  6. we all know that george droustas is the one behind the disgusting material about jamie being sent out and that he is campaigning for the fegan Shame on you

Posted by disgusted member | October 21, 2009, 17:35
  7. Dear disgusted of Cabrini AKA Fegan, what a bad mistake you have made,Butler look who you are in bed with now, SCUM

Posted by Joyce Robinsons wig | October 21, 2009, 17:38
  8. horrible dirty tricks leave jamie alone hes a nice guy diana supporter

Posted by sad day for hsu | October 21, 2009, 17:45
  9. This is clearly the work of Katerina Jacckson. The Bolano Team put it out themselves in a pre-emptive strike, knowing the other tickets wouldnt be able to resist putting somethign out. Disgraceful.

Posted by Too clever by half | October 21, 2009, 18:13
  10. Jamie, good on you for doing what you did. I honestly do not think that it is your opponents, they would be targetting Marco and not you. I firmly believe that it is someone, who wanted the Assistant Secretary’s job and because he/she did not get it,he/she has thrown this in. Wonder whether he/she will sleep well tonight – hope not

Posted by DISGUSTED BEYOND BELIEF | October 21, 2009, 18:17
  11. You are a wicked woman. You know who you are.

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2009, 18:37
  12. Pauline’s moral depravity has been proven today.

Members will see through this shame

SHAME FEGAN SHAME

Posted by burn in hell Pauline | October 21, 2009, 19:39
  13. I did it to myself, just like I like to whip myself into a frenzy….

Posted by Jamie | October 21, 2009, 19:40
  14. Pauline has put up a stooge to run and he will resign shortly after election.

That is what;s going on here.

MEMBERS WILL NOT BE FOOLED OR SEDUCED

Posted by real agenda | October 21, 2009, 19:42
  15. The three-way battle for control of the Health Services Union in Victoria has descended into acrimony after a vicious postal leaflet depicting a candidate as a sexual predator was sent to thousands of union members.

The glossy postcard includes a frightening image of a man in a leather hood, and is accompanied by the tagline “Jamie Martorana is a candidate for Assistant State Secretary of the Health Services Union”.

It is believed to have been sent by one of Mr Martorana’s rivals for control of the union. Around 80% of the 15,000-strong HSU Victorian membership are women.

Posted by ugly | October 21, 2009, 19:44
  16. Is a rape fantasy part of a sexual orientation.

I don’t think so Jamie.

You have a lot of explaining to do.

Posted by perspective | October 21, 2009, 19:45
  17. Most disgusting shit sheet ever, the Auther P. Fegan should be expounged from the union movement.

Posted by In Jamie we trust | October 21, 2009, 19:55
  18. This is disgusting. Can someone give me one good reason to vote at these elections? You are all as bad as each other.

Posted by Grow up all of you | October 21, 2009, 19:59
  19. Fegan [deleted – do not post phone numbers]

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2009, 20:06
  20. That sh#t sheet was an utter disgrace. During the course of my 20 year membership of the HSU, I’ve never seen dirt sink to such a low. Whoever is responsible, shame on you. I think I know who you are. You are clearly running scared and are desperately trawling well below the bottom of the barrel. I hope get your just rewards.

To the person responsible I say to:
    I for one will not be distracted by such sub gutter tactics. I will exercise my democratic right to vote. My vote will be for the team that show a vision for the future of my Union, not bogged down in the past. I will vote for the team that demonstrates to me that they have the talent, passion and commitment to deserve my vote.

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2009, 20:14
  21. Stay true jamie, The courts will deal with Fegan, Byron, Robinson, Humpage, Butler ect ect…

Posted by Shame Fegan Shame | October 21, 2009, 20:14
  22. Dear Perspective (curious name for someone that doesn’t possess any), the allegations about Matorana’s fantasies were made by a convicted thrill killer. Obviously a clear attempt to dirty up one of the witnesses who rightfully put him away.

No doubt this ‘shit sheet’ and the term shit, may be too polite to describe the depravity of Fegan’s desperation, is no doubt a precursor to an imminent Bolano shit sheet.

No doubt the allegations in that forthcoming ‘shit sheet’ will be made by another disgusting and dishonest lunatic.

Guess what Percy, it’s not going to work.

The facts are that 8 people on Byron’s ticket spent in the vicinty of $1000000 on vexatious internal legal battles. This can be proven, wild ‘shit sheets’ are baseless nonsense.

Posted by Jane | October 21, 2009, 20:27
  23. To Grow Up All of You, I’ll give you on very good reason. They want the sane an decent people to give up in disgust and not vote. Don’t allow them to play you. Make your judgment on who you believe will do the right thing by the members and vote accordingly.

Posted by Don't Believe The Hype | October 21, 2009, 20:32
  24. Everytime I hear Sheep bleat I get an erection.

Posted by Barnaby Joyce | October 21, 2009, 21:25
  25. Surely the work of Newnham. Now whom is he backing?

Posted by Through The Looking Glass | October 21, 2009, 21:36
  26. Too late Looking glass dont blame Newnham and Asmar we know it was your Queen Fegan

Posted by Looking up ya arse Les | October 21, 2009, 22:28
  27. I have had enough of this train wreck of a union. I am resigning no matter who wins.

Posted by Stop the muck | October 21, 2009, 22:40
  28. Les Butler will save the union.

Posted by Les Butler | October 21, 2009, 23:09
  29. Hi all!

I believe in DEMOCRACY.

I believe in an informed choice.

I believe in fairness.

I believe in free speech with responsibility.

Please refrain from smearing others with dirt. What are we trying to achieve?

We are not in kindergarten, we are all adults, please act like one.

I feel so embarrassed with what all that is happening.

If you want to fight, please fight FAIRLY.

Please be respectable and responsible members of the Union.

We’re all here for the same reason, to bring back our union the way it was.

Our real fight is to get the best possible outcome in terms of our right and condition at workplace.

Thank you.

Eros

Posted by Eros Samah | October 21, 2009, 23:46
  30. Unionists are all c&nts

Posted by ghost of Latham | October 21, 2009, 23:52
  31. A very racy and ugly anti Pauline Fegan and Doug Byron website wrote (we cannot link to it for legal reasons):

We are shocked to learn that the cry on Vexnews of “Let freedom ring” has a hollow sound about it.

We are getting reports that people who support Diana Asmar are fine to post comments on the once venerable Vexnews site. However, those who who oppose the potential reign or Ms Asmar get ther comments moderated and deleted. Once might get the impression that Mr Landeryou has a bias towards Ms Asmar.

Andy, if you have an interest in the Asmar campaign, surely your should declare it. We think you deserve a years subscription to The Age

OUR RESPONSE:
    My ears were burning so I thought I’d pop in. This is a particularly nasty website, so naturally I like to keep a track on what goes on here.

Although I suppose some people say that about mine so I hope you’re not too insulted. Perhaps flattered.

And your threaten me with the worst of the worst, a year’s subscription of The Age. A cruel and unusual punishment indeed.

It is true, not that I have wanted to draw attention to it on VEX for fear of provoking copycats, that we have deleted a variety of racist and viciously vile comments about a number of candidates, including Diana Asmar.

These comments are hopefully quickly deleted by me or patriotic members of the VEXNEWS crew and we use a technical process to monitor subsequent comments by those we find to have posted such material.

DISCLOSURE
    As I have disclosed on VEXNEWS, I consider myself to be a good friend of Kathy and Jeff Jackson who are supporting Marco Bolano, who seems a thoroughly decent chap to me. I haven’t met but have spoken with Marco’s wife as well who seems like a really nice person too. My dog Ronnie learned to swim in the Jackson’s pool and I have known Kathy since the time she used to break into David Feeney’s briefcase and filing cabinet in the offices of the Melbourne University Student Union. They later became good friends despite that inauspicious beginning.

I don’t know Pauline Fegan or Doug Byron on the other side but know many of those involved in helping that team and am on friendly terms with them. One of them is a very good mate of mine. Their principal backer, Stephen Conroy, is someone VEXNEWS should be immortalised in statue form for services to nation-building for what he’s done with the NBN. I’m a huge fan of his and readily admit it.

I also know Diana Asmar – regard her highly – and also many of those involved in helping her team. They are patriots all.

The truth is I wish only the best for all of them (all are anti-Socialist Left patriots as far as I can tell), although I hope those involved in smearing people with pics of black leather gimps get a good whipping themselves at some point. I very much doubt all that muck helps their cause.

It has amused (and even honoured) me to be accused by the largest faction of all – the paranoid faction – of being involved in being biased to all three tickets. We admit to having a strong affection for Jeff Jackson but note he is not a candidate in this election. If he was, he probably would have won, in my opinion, despite an avalanche of attacks on him by The Age and other publications who delighted in a right-wing Labor pragmatic union leader being white-anted from within his own union.

We strongly opposed all that in less than subtle reporting last year, something I know he appreciated at the time. As it turned out, Jackson decided not to run again but to back someone else.

That process sees three lots of Labor moderates contesting one union election. It’s a very unusual situation and we hope to report on it in our usual fair and balanced way.

YOU CAN’T PLEASE ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME
    I actually doubt we’ll keep anyone particularly happy in that but we’ll do our best to tell it how it is.

The only thing we want to avoid are excessively personal attacks (and have zero tolerance for any form of racial attack) and being sued. That’s why we’re so cautious about publishing the gimp leaflet that appeared elsewhere on the interwebs. We weren’t trying to do the target of it any favours by censoring it, we just weren’t comfortable with publishing it at all.

I’m sorry we can’t keep everyone happy but that’s life. My advice: spend less time on VEXNEWS and more time campaigning.

There are many thousands of HSU members, I suspect the sum total of hospital cleaners, orderlies etc reading VEXNEWS to discern our editorial opinion on their election would be close to approximately zero. Those who pay for the bankrupt email newsletter that published the filthy leaflet would be fewer, if that was mathematically possible.

So I’m sorry we’re going to keep deleting any racially abusive messages and block subsequent comments from those who’ve made them until they’ve been reviewed carefully.

Hard as it is in this election, we have to draw the line somewhere.

May the best patriot win!

(I have reposted this comment on VEXNEWS as well)

Posted by VEXNEWS | October 22, 2009, 0:50
  32. Jamie. give me a call. Much to discuss

Posted by Ollie | October 22, 2009, 0:54
  33. Can someone explain why George Droutsas is running Doug Byron Campaign??

Posted by ALP Secretatry | October 22, 2009, 7:02
  34. I personally asked George to run Pauline/Byron Campaign and why not? I always hated thE HSU and now it is time to punish the members. Byron for Secreatary is a capital punishment for them.

Posted by [deleted - impersonation] | October 22, 2009, 7:48
  35. I personally asked George to run Pauline/Byron Campaign and why not? I always hated thE HSU and now it is time to punish the members. Byron for Secreatary is a capital punishment for them.

Posted by Steph New | October 22, 2009, 7:50
  36. Homosexuality is an abomination – the Bible tells us so.

Posted by Anonymous | October 22, 2009, 7:50
  37. Jamie, call to tee up a time.

Posted by C.Pine-whine | October 22, 2009, 7:51
  38. I personally asked George to run Pauline/Byron Campaign and why not? I always hated thE HSU and now it is time to punish the members. Byron for Secreatary is a capital punishment for them.

Posted by Stephen | October 22, 2009, 7:52
  39. I personally asked George to run Byron Campaign and why not? I always hated thE HSU and now it is time to punish the members. Byron for Secreatary is a capital punishment for them.

Posted by S N | October 22, 2009, 7:54
  40. [deleted – defamatory]

Posted by Anonymous | October 22, 2009, 7:59
  41. How many HSU officials are breaching the court order and union rules not to use union resources to help themselves in the election?

Sounds like quite a few.

If they get sent to jail, will Senatore Feeney hold the key?

Posted by Anonymous | October 22, 2009, 8:05
  42. Hey George, am so sorry mate but her taste is so sweet. I couldn’t resist. I don’t understand why you so f angry with me? I looked after her for you. She is so damn sweet mate and you should take her back

Posted by Jeff | October 22, 2009, 8:07
  43. Senator Feeney is a decent bloke of choclate and Jamie loooooove Choclate

Posted by Anonymous | October 22, 2009, 8:12
  44. Has Carole told anyone about her past?

Posted by Anonymous | October 22, 2009, 8:16
  45. George Droutsas is much smarter than Feeney. George will win

Posted by Anonymous | October 22, 2009, 8:17
  46. [deleted] is just a greasy [deleted- racist]

Posted by Anonymous | October 22, 2009, 8:32
  47. Federal criminal code:

Section 471.12 deals with use of a postal or similar service to menace, harass or cause offence. It is an offence to use a postal service

in a way (whether by the method of use or the content of a communication, or both) that reasonable persons would regard as being, in all the circumstances, menacing, harassing or offensive.

Posted by Judge Dread finds Droutsas guilty | October 22, 2009, 8:39
  48. I hear Jamie has already file complaint against Doug Byron/ George Droutsas with the Australian Federal Police.

When will the raids commence?

Posted by uh oh | October 22, 2009, 9:01
  49. Will Fegan have to spend the rest of the campaign in handcuffs not the kind that John Clancy used to try out on her…

Posted by hard work | October 22, 2009, 9:05
  50. Its ok Fegan you have that super lawyer Yianoulatos to represent you!

Posted by The day you lost the election | October 22, 2009, 9:49
  51. Jamie Ma-torn-arse-na.

Posted by Anonymous | October 22, 2009, 11:06
  52. Jamie, why haven’t you called me yet?

Posted by C.Pine-whine | October 22, 2009, 12:01
  53. Great website Doug, Shame its just the same old crooks who started this mess

Posted by Alcoholic mess | October 22, 2009, 13:31
  54. George droutsas works for the Alp Head office
    and he will pay

Posted by Anonymous | October 22, 2009, 13:51
  55. Droutsas you are finished. it’s a PROMISE.

Posted by Anonymous | October 22, 2009, 18:51
  56. Posted by Alcoholic Doug | October 22, 2009, 19:05
  57. Is conrad wearing funny hats yet?

Posted by Anonymous | October 22, 2009, 21:05
  58. whoever put that link to feganfrenzy you are a vile evil piece of works – I have never ever seen anything so disgusting and to think you are trying to blame the Jamie thing onto Doug Byron, you are a disgusting excuse for a human being

Posted by DISGUSTED BEYOND BELIEF | October 22, 2009, 21:20
  59. Byron is up to his neck in the Jamie shit sheet,you made a bad error the mst phones have not stopped ringing

Posted by Fools | October 22, 2009, 21:24
  60. Uncle Doug is up to his neck in the Jamie shit sheet,you made a bad error the mst phones have not stopped ringing

Posted by Vile Fegan | October 22, 2009, 21:27
  61. Uncle Doug is up to his neck in the shit sheet,you made a bad error the mst phones have not stopped ringing

Posted by Vile Fegan | October 22, 2009, 21:28
  62. Posted by Stronger Together | October 22, 2009, 21:37
  63. I love the smell on napalm in the air!

Posted by Mr Magoo | October 22, 2009, 21:43
  64. Confess Byron, Robinson, Humpage,What you did to Jamie proves that you should be thrown out of the HSU

Posted by 300kg of Hondros | October 22, 2009, 21:59
  65. Shaun Hudson has got nothing to do now that he has been dropped by every side. The man who was going to be Secretary was dumped by katarina for the thug Bolano and ended up as a laughing stock in the health industry.

Get a job Hudson and stop wasting everyones time on this site.Everyone things your a joke

Posted by Office Boy | October 22, 2009, 22:05
  66. Carol, Carol, Carol the campaign is about to turn vey nasty for you, you should have been honest with Kathy.

Posted by wtf | October 22, 2009, 22:06
  67. Fatal mistake to all those running on the Moving Slowly with Dug towards the pub and TAB Ticket. You are in the doo doo now with that defamatory mail out. Lost yourself thousands of votes with that ill advised move. Never known for your brain power or strength of thought process…….oh, that’s right, just a puppet in the hands of the puppeteer. Every member with a conscience will be voting ‘Stronger Together’ based on that disgusting mailout. Talk about showing your true colors! Many Thanks from the Stronger Together Team!

Posted by Stronger Together | October 22, 2009, 22:16
  68. Jamie, do NOT txt me.

Posted by RDR | October 22, 2009, 22:17
  69. C’mon kids. Settle down in the back seat. You are all getting distracted from the real issues. The real issue is which team has the talent & ability to take the Union into a bright future.

Posted by Don't Believe The Hype | October 22, 2009, 22:19
  70. hudson go to bed and stop talking thru your arse the moving forward team is connected everywhere and bolano is going to get the votes him and his rabble of a team they deserve. what are you going to do when the payout is spent

Posted by hudson for secretary | October 22, 2009, 22:36
  71. A bit scared of Bolano are we Fegan? could be a replay of Zora

Posted by your cursed | October 22, 2009, 22:40
  72. Jeff Jackson is the best official the union has ever had. Only ever had the interests of the HSU at heart.

Posted by Anonymous | October 22, 2009, 22:59
  73. Where did Marco Bolano get my mobile phone number?

If he steals the union’s database what else has he stolen?

Posted by Marco Bolano is a crook | October 22, 2009, 23:21
  74. Will Marco Bolano disclose how much he’s paid?

And how much his mate Jeff Jackson is paid?

Posted by Big Bucks | October 22, 2009, 23:25
  75. Your days as overpaid National Secretary in your $3 million Balwyn mansion are over.

Posted by pack your bags Katherina | October 22, 2009, 23:30
  76. The HSU employees running on the Bollano ticket earn a hell of a lot less than the ones on the Dug ticket. Grandfathered arrangements (how appropriate) and back room deals. Trust me, I’m in the know ;-)
    JJ, well that’s sure another story!

Posted by Get it right | October 22, 2009, 23:36
  77. We have a right to know…

Posted by How much is Marco Bollano paid? | October 22, 2009, 23:38
  78. I am paid more per hour by the HSU than any other employee.

Thanks Jeff. Thanks Craig. Thanks Shaun.

Posted by Hooker | October 22, 2009, 23:39
  79. Hey, MB is a crook, doncha know that the AEC gives all parties running for election a list with all the members details?

PFegan was the one that has abused the privacy of the database and corrupted the data……

Posted by Grow a brain | October 22, 2009, 23:40
  80. Hey, MB is a crook, doncha know that the AEC gives all parties running for election a list with all the members details?

PFinnigan was the one that has abused the privacy of the database and corrupted the data……

Posted by Grow a brain | October 22, 2009, 23:41
  81. Hey, MB is a crook, doncha know that the AEC gives all parties running for election a list with all the members details?

PFinnigan was the one that has used the database for her own devices and corrupted the data……

Posted by Grow a brain | October 22, 2009, 23:44
  82. Marco stole the union database to send out mobile phone spam.

Mobile phone numbers ARE NOT given out by the AEC.

Bolano has been caught RED-HANDED.

Posted by Sir Spam a Lot | October 23, 2009, 0:03
  83. What else has Marco Bolano stolen?

Posted by Sir Spam a Lot | October 23, 2009, 0:04
  84. Is Marco being paid to campaign?

Posted by Raking it in | October 23, 2009, 0:14
  85. Thanks for your enquiries Sir Spamalot and How much is Bolano paid?

Sir Spamalot, the Bolano, Asmar & Fegan teams all have your mobile numbers. So they have all stolen it or acquired them legitimately.

In response to other queries:

Bolano’s salary [deleted – privacy]

Byron’s salary [deleted]

Robinson’s salary [deleted]

Fegan’s salary [deleted]

Posted by Rita Wills | October 23, 2009, 8:05
  86. AAAhh just arrived the office that Fegan will never enter again,

Posted by Is obese is Hondros | October 23, 2009, 8:11
  87. Will chairman Fegan and Madam Robinson be taking their partners overseas on the HSU tab next year?

Posted by At the pub with Dug | October 23, 2009, 9:38
  88. Jamie out at William Angliss today shit canning Jackson and Hudson and yet only a few weeks ago they were best mates at his 40h Birthday. They all deserve each other.

Posted by Its all over Bolano | October 23, 2009, 18:46
  89. George Droutsas

Posted by Anonymous | October 23, 2009, 22:12
  90. sunday is my best day Dug

Posted by At the pub with Dug | October 23, 2009, 22:31
  91. Georgie Porgie, puddin’ and pie,
    Kissed the girls and made them cry.
    When the boys came out to play,
    Georgie Porgie ran away.

Posted by Better get runnin' Georgie!!!! | October 23, 2009, 22:34
  92. Good morning all!Oh how I love to work weekends, time and a half while my son, who works at Woolworths gets paid double time. What a disgrace Jeff and the rest of the mob have been, looking after the rights of the membership. Have you ever tried to contact anyone from the HSU after hours like today. Sorry we don’t work weekends. We however get fu;;ed over for sh;t pay. All parties, whoever gets in, needs to lift their game, or me with many others are off. Lift your game and do what you get so OVERLY paid to do. Represent the members. I have had enough. I have also seen too much to turn the other cheek any longer.

Posted by Lift your game | October 24, 2009, 6:07
  93. Dear lift your game, Does your son recieve 17.33 weeks long sevice leave at 10 years, 21 days sick leave per year, have access to salary packaging? Try life in a non union work shop for a week!

Posted by Stop whinging | October 24, 2009, 9:33
  94. F*ck u, stop whinging those are the words of a typical out of touch trade unionist. You should be doing better. The HSU is a joke!

Posted by Anonymous | October 24, 2009, 10:20
  95. All HSU members are overpaid WHINGERS who do nothing

Posted by VHIA | October 24, 2009, 11:25
  96. well VHIA that is what the MST at the union think. What are the two bullying complaints against the mad woman and the cougar. Just because someone is overweight does not mean that you pick on her.
    Bullying within the union office while an election campaign is going on – good one

Posted by DISGUSTED BEYOND BELIEF | October 24, 2009, 14:53
  97. Hey Lift your Game

I agree Stop Whinging! A union is only as strong as its members! What have you done to try and grow the union in your workplace? Would you be willing to go on the grass and take Industrial Action to force a better deal? Probably not!

Posted by Stop whinging and Organise your workplace! | October 24, 2009, 16:20
  98. I work for Nick Reece and he wants me to to run Doug Byron campaign…… What’s your problem???

Posted by George Droutsas | October 24, 2009, 16:51
  99. Pauline Fegan Doug Byron promised me a job in the HSU

Posted by George Droutsas | October 24, 2009, 16:54
  100. I feel sorry for Droutsas

Posted by R U WORRIED ??? | October 24, 2009, 17:02
  101. Droutsas, stop taking it Greek and get back to work.

Posted by Steve Conroy | October 24, 2009, 17:07
  102. Sometimes I think Pauline likes to keep our relationship quiet.

Posted by The Gimp | October 24, 2009, 17:08
  103. How much is Kathy Jackson’s mansion in Balwyn worth?

Please explain.

Posted by Valuation | October 24, 2009, 17:11
  104. A union official getting rich on workers money, it’s not right is it Kathy?

Posted by disgrace | October 24, 2009, 17:12
  105. Marco is a hunk but is he still being paid while campaigning?

Posted by nice package | October 24, 2009, 17:12
  106. – Mansion in Balwyn $3 million

– European luxury motor vehicles – $300,000

– Sports cars $500,000

– Investment properties – $2 million

How quickly will it take the Jackson backed Marco Bolano to build such an impressive fortune?

Posted by the working class can kiss my arse | October 24, 2009, 17:21
  107. The Week 1 verdict is in. The Feganites are winning the campaign so far with a disgraceful yet effecive below the belt punch. Though the Jacksonites should win Week 2 with a mail blitz never before seen in a union election – time to start spending all that cash! Asmar still remains a dark horse, but the cleanskin in the competition could yet come up the middle and win the prize.

Posted by Judge Dread | October 24, 2009, 17:53
  108. Droustas is a pig. Shame on you. Shame. Shame. Shame. Your conduct in this campaign will not be forgotten rest assured.

Posted by Anonymous | October 24, 2009, 17:59
  109. Rest assured, I don’t forget either.

Posted by Three Crowns | October 24, 2009, 18:26
  110. See you at the AWU ball Frauline Fegan

Posted by Alcoholic Doug | October 24, 2009, 18:31
  111. any idea who is the mystery witness?

Surprise Surprise georgy!!!!

Posted by War on George | October 24, 2009, 18:32
  112. God save the HSU but no one is going to save George Droutsas!!!!!

Posted by War on George | October 24, 2009, 18:59
  113. God save the HSU but no one is going to save George Droutsas!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | October 24, 2009, 19:00
  114. gd

Posted by Anonymous | October 24, 2009, 19:31
  115. Is it true that Worksafe has withdrawn their funding for HSU following an incident with a one Marco. Story is that Marco bullied and intimidated and got very nasty with personal remarks about her. She slapped his face and Marco had her charged – oh dear Marco you do have a problem with women

Posted by anon | October 24, 2009, 19:42
  116. * Violence towards women, HSU says ‘why not, when they deserve it’

* He attacked his victim at the B.COM meeting. Police still investigating.

* Bolano is being funded by Jeff Jackson’s slush fund – where did the money from Jeff, we didn’t think you’d spent it all on prostitutes…

* Bolano is still being paid his huge salary and so is Carmichael and Matorana while campaigning…

Members want to Move Forward

Posted by thumbs up for Bolano | October 24, 2009, 19:48
  117. carol, carol carol, you should have told kathy she is not going to be happy.

Posted by hudson for secretary | October 24, 2009, 19:52
  118. Your having a bad turn again are you Fegan?the election is slipping away

Posted by The gimp | October 24, 2009, 20:16
  119. One can only speculate as to what is planned for Marco this week!

Posted by The Main Course is filling | October 24, 2009, 20:27
  120. Well Fegan you sure are the queen of filling the main course

Posted by Sunday age | October 24, 2009, 20:40
  121. george you are not going to be happy…….. you are going to be exposed soon…..

Posted by Anonymous | October 24, 2009, 20:49
  122. thumbs up for Bolano, you forgot, Bolano also assasinated JFK, faked the lunar landings, and is responsible for global warming.

Posted by Yianni's Thumb Sized D*** | October 24, 2009, 21:29
  123. and the bastard killed Princess Diana.

Posted by Yianni's Thumb Sized D*** | October 24, 2009, 21:30
  124. Bolano controls the little grey men whom abduct me on a nightly basis. Thanks for exposing him thumbs up, you’re my hero.

Posted by Bert | October 24, 2009, 21:34
  125. Bolano controls the secret world government. Brave work to expose him thumbs up, i love you, let’s shag.

Posted by Proud Conspiracy Theorist | October 24, 2009, 21:40
  126. Bolano rejected Hitlers art work in Vienna in 1925 setting the course for ww2

Posted by Party planner | October 24, 2009, 21:47
  127. MMMM what are you wearing tonight? The boys are around you like bees to honey.

Posted by Uncle Doug | October 24, 2009, 21:53
  128. Γιώργο Δρούτσα, κάτι πρόκειται να συμβεί πολύ σύντομα και δεν θα είσαι χαρούμενος.

Posted by Anonymous | October 24, 2009, 21:55
  129. George, alex is mine

Posted by Jeff | October 24, 2009, 22:00
  130. i dont

Posted by Anonymous | October 24, 2009, 22:01
  131. what else?

Posted by Anonymous | October 24, 2009, 22:02
  132. In a cold sweat are uncle Doug?

Posted by BR | October 24, 2009, 22:02
  133. He is in Mildura!!!!!HAhahahahahaha

Posted by Anonymous | October 24, 2009, 22:39
  134. He is in Mildura!!!!! about toake a call to someone!!!! Oops!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | October 24, 2009, 22:43
  135. George Droutsas, you are a d duck…. Make sure you buy the paper!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | October 24, 2009, 22:46
  136. to George Droutsas

Soon soon soon!!!! You are going to be famous!!!! Very very very famous!!!! You have no idea !!!!!!! I would hate to be in your shoes at the moment!!!! Soon very soon very very very soon……….

Posted by Anonymous | October 24, 2009, 22:56
  137. Have a nice hair cut georgy

Posted by Anonymous | October 24, 2009, 22:59
  138. George, what made you think you’re untouchable??? You have no idea what is going to happen, do you????? I can’t wait………..

Posted by Anonymous | October 24, 2009, 23:35
  139. Vicky and john,,,,, You’re going to be famous too!!!

Posted by Anonymous | October 24, 2009, 23:46
  140. Can’t wait. Not long now!

Posted by Bachelard | October 24, 2009, 23:50
  141. I hope so

Posted by Rolf | October 25, 2009, 0:14
  142. K. Koukouvaos Consulting/ Jeff Jacko Slush Fund:

$300,000 left over after all the brothel debts were paid.

That should be enough to buy Marco an election…

But how much will need to be stolen from the union to replenish the fund?

Posted by Jeff's Slush Fund | October 25, 2009, 0:18
  143. Just read the Sunday Age what a Joke you are going to have to do better than that Kathy. What a beat up. I dont know Doug Byron but i know the Jacksons enough said.

Posted by there goes the private schools | October 25, 2009, 0:46
  144. Doug Byron and his hooker in the Sunday herald sun and the sunday Age. Read

Posted by Rolf | October 25, 2009, 0:57
  145. http://alturl.com/see8

Fresh low for union as harassment claim revealed
    MICHAEL BACHELARD
    October 25, 2009

Pauline Fegan, union chief at the time of the complaint.

AUSTRALIA’S most dysfunctional union has hit another low, with revelations of a 2001 claim of sexual harassment against one of the men seeking to become its leader.

Doug Byron is one of three candidates running for the position of secretary of the bitterly divided Victorian branch of the Health Services Union, which was forced to an election after a bruising factional fight.

Mr Byron is running the campaign under the slogan “Moving Forward” and is attempting to distance himself from the past infighting.

But The Sunday Age has seen Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal documents from 2001 in which Mr Byron was accused by a union employee of making lewd sexual comments to her, as a result of which she says she suffered psychological damage.

Mr Byron yesterday denied the allegations, saying they were directed mainly towards another employee of the union, and that he (Mr Byron) had simply been caught up in it.

“I was named but there was never anything substantiated,” he said.

The union’s former assistant secretary, Robert McCubbin, told The Sunday Age the case had cost the union $18,000 to settle, plus at least a further $12,000 in legal fees.

Mr Byron said he did not know of any financial settlement.

The union’s president at the time, Pauline Fegan, denied the case had been heard by VCAT, and said no financial payout was made.

“I’d be very, very careful about putting anything in about Doug,” Ms Fegan said.

The alleged victim, who was an industrial officer at the union, said the harassment began after she told colleagues in 2000 that she was a lesbian. In one of the instances quoted, she said Mr Byron and another senior union official had phoned her from Mildura and, among other sexually explicit comments, said, “we’ve got ourselves a hooker … you should be up here”.

In the complaint, filed in VCAT’s anti-discrimination list, she refers to other sexually explicit messages on her voicemail.

The claim said the union was also at fault because Ms Fegan, the then president of the branch, had failed to investigate and had told others about the confidential complaint.

The union’s lawyers conceded Mr Byron and the other man “did occasionally make comments of a sexual nature”, but said they were in the context of friendship.

The woman had “consented to and enjoyed” any such conversations, the union’s defence said.

Mr Byron said yesterday, “I completely deny” taking part in any sexual harassment. “I got dragged into it … I knew it was settled but I didn’t know there was any financial settlement.”

He said Mr McCubbin had been out of the union for more than five years, and that Mr McCubbin was supporting the candidacy of one of Mr Byron’s political rivals, Diana Asmar.

Mr Byron’s campaign to be secretary of the union is being supported by Labor senator Stephen Conroy, and run by a senior Australian Labor Party staffer, George Droutsas, who is facing criminal charges of electoral fraud relating to a council election.

The union has been riven in recent months over allegations of paying for prostitutes on union credit cards, and of rorting union tendering arrangements.

Posted by Australia's most dysfunctional union | October 25, 2009, 8:20
  146. Sex case hits poll
    By PETER ROLFE
    Sunday Herald Sun

THE troubled Victorian Health Services Union has been rocked by claims that a candidate running for its top job sexually harassed and discriminated against a former colleague, who is a lesbian.
    Union veteran Doug Byron’s hopes of becoming secretary of the powerful union, which covers healthcare and community services workers, have been hit by an allegation he was involved in an out-of-court settlement with the woman, who accused him of teasing her about her sexuality and leaving sexually explicit messages on her mobile phone.
    Former HSU assistant secretary Rob McCubbin has objected to Mr Byron contesting the election in the wake of a 2001 Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal hearing that heard the woman accuse him, the union and assistant secretary Sean Hudson of treating her unfairly because she was a lesbian.
    Hearing defence documents, seen by the Sunday Herald Sun, reveal Mr Byron admitted occasionally making comments of a sexual nature to the woman, but he denied claims that he and Mr Hudson phoned her from Mildura and said: “We’ve got ourselves a hooker . . . you should be up here.”
    Mr McCubbin said the HSU made a $20,000 out-of-court settlement with the woman.
    The controversy is the latest in a long line of problems for the union, including allegations of funds mismanagement and police being called after an alleged fight between union officials at its South Melbourne headquarters.
    Mr Byron did not respond to calls from the Sunday Herald Sun.

Posted by Sex case hits HSU poll | October 25, 2009, 8:23
  147. WHY is HSU member’s money used on this? Make Doug Byron pay.

Posted by both as bad as each other | October 25, 2009, 9:14
  148. Who needs employers to destroy a union when you have Fegan to do it for you

Posted by off to the pub with Dug | October 25, 2009, 10:38
  149. Why were they both not sacked??????

Posted by Corruption abounds | October 25, 2009, 11:26
  150. FACT: If he wins, Doug Byron will resign shortly after the election and be replaced by Pauline Fegan.

Posted by the real plan: a vote for Doug Byron is a vote for Pauline Fegan's corruption | October 25, 2009, 11:32
  151. George, this is your last chance. Time to behave.

Posted by Anonymous | October 25, 2009, 13:30
  152. “I completely deny” taking part in any sexual harassment. “I got dragged into it … I knew it was settled but I didn’t know there was any financial settlement.”

Make up your mind Doug, are you denying or admitting it?

You big drunken pervert.

Posted by Truth | October 25, 2009, 14:42
  153. I knew nothing of this! In fact I know nothing at all. My contribution to the 500 years; 60 odd years of cluelessness and bulldust. I’m going back to selling Avon.

Posted by Joyce | October 25, 2009, 14:45
  154. I still think your a stud uncle Doug

Posted by [deleted - impersonation] | October 25, 2009, 18:43
  155. What the Newspapers don’t know is the rest of the story, that Fegan subsequently intimidated and then sacked the poor victim for making the complaint.

Posted by History | October 25, 2009, 19:23
  156. One more stupid move and you will be history Mr Droutsas!!

Posted by Anonymous | October 25, 2009, 22:41
  157. Ok leave Droutsas alone that’s enough!

Posted by Anonymous | October 26, 2009, 14:28
  158. Stronger Together Team

“There they are. See no evil, hear no evil, and…evil.”

Posted by Stronger Without Them | October 28, 2009, 11:12
  159. Adjective Robust

Violent; rough; rude.

Is this what “he who wants to be Secretary” mean’t when he says he engages in Robust discussion

Posted by Judge Dread | October 28, 2009, 19:55
  160. Selective Definition Judge Dread. Yes I do want a Secretary who engages in robust discussion with my employer
    Robust:- Full of health and strength; vigorous.Powerfully built; sturdy. See synonyms at healthy. Requiring or suited to physical strength or endurance: robust labor.
    Marked by richness and fullness; full-bodied: a robust wine.
    Who wants a secretary who coaches at a football club of which players have been charged with terrible acts against women such as unlawful imprisonment and s*xual assault! Compounded with “Mr Byron admitted occasionally making comments of a sexual nature to the woman” Sunday Herald Sun, I would say Moving Forward are dead in the water!

Posted by Celebrating Already! | October 28, 2009, 20:37
  161. Is that Judge Dread or Judge Pleb?

Posted by Anonymous | October 28, 2009, 21:13
  162. Judge Dread you are a wimp. A Clayton’s Superhero.

Posted by Batman | October 28, 2009, 21:16
  163. Don’t worry Dready, Julie Byron’s heartfelt letter will save the day.

Posted by Anonymous | October 28, 2009, 21:20
  164. To the Stronger Together Team

When you stop telling lies about us. We will stop telling the truth about you. No union funds were used on this e-mail.

Posted by One HSU | October 30, 2009, 17:28
  165. What lies? I doubt that stronger together have even noticed that the sometimes Mayor, sometimes Truckers Organiser, and general pea brain, is even running. Stop flattering yourself you’re irrelevant.

You say you will stop telling the truth, strange considering you have not started.

Now go get a life sunshine.

Posted by 2 HSU | October 30, 2009, 18:40
  166. I hear that there is to be auditions for remakes of old TV and Movies. Some suggested stars and roles from the actors of HSU.

Marco-Poisened Apple-Snow White