Which Type Of Toilet Basin Is Best For You?
A well-made and functional toilet basin can be a real investment for the homeowner, helping you save on repairs and replacements in the future. It’s essential that you get a high quality one that is constructed to last – as they should be, so that you do not have to replace it again for years. Below we look at some things to look out for when buying a basin:
– Make sure you get a good quality basin, whether you go for metal or plastic. Metal is better in most cases, as it can withstand being dropped from time to time, while plastic basins tend to bend under pressure and are likely to break if dropped. This can be avoided by buying a basin that has a special coating applied over it.
– You should also make sure that the material of the toilet basin matches the colour scheme of your toilet. For example, if you have light coloured bathroom tiles then you should look for matching sinks and basins. This helps to give the room an even look and makes the whole thing more harmonious.
– Make sure that you choose a basin that fits perfectly into the corner of the toilet. While there are some toilets that allow you to choose your basin size and shape, this is very rarely the case in modern houses. A good choice is a basin that can fit snugly into one corner of the toilet, which will ensure that no unnecessary space is taken up by the basin.
– A glass basin is preferable if you have a lot of visitors to your home. Glass basins reflect less light, which means they will be easier to use and are safer in the event of a spillage. If you use a glass basin in a small bathroom, make sure you get a basin that has a built in water reservoir, which means that you won’t have to fill the basin yourself and could even save on the cost of bottled water.
– Glass basins are generally cheaper than plastic ones. Plastic is less durable and is unlikely to last as long as glass basins, which means that you may have to spend more in the long run on a replacement. On top of that, you can’t see the inside of glass basins – whereas with a plastic basin, you can look at the insides and see how they look. so that you know what is inside the basin and whether you really want it.
– It is worth bearing in mind that a basin with a handle is often much easier to use than one without. This is because the handle makes it easy to position the basin into the toilet. and it doesn’t have to be stuck into the wall. A standard toilet is not usually the best option for this, as it can be very difficult to get your hand in the sink.
– Consider the design of the basin as well. Most basins come in round, rectangular and hexagonal shapes, so try and get the one that best suits your needs. As long as it is big enough to accommodate your hands, it is unlikely to have any problems, but make sure that it does not look like a flimsy piece of furniture.
Some modern toilet basins can also double as a shower enclosure. Whilst this is certainly an attractive idea, most people decide against installing this type of basin for their toilet in order to save money. If you are on a budget, then a separate shower tray may be a better solution for your needs.
Bathroom basins come in many different colours, including lavender and yellow. If you don’t like any of these colours, then you should be happy to hear that there are many others available. and that they look great when combined with other accessories.
If you are looking for a good bathroom basin, then you should take your time and think carefully about what you need. before you buy.