Ever since Instagram has taken charge of sorting posts and deciding the posts that will be displayed more, it has been a tough job for creators to get a good reach. Some people consider this as an obstacle, but if we look at this closely you can get better reach and get more followers with this. All you are required to do is align your content with these algorithms. In order to do well on Instagram you need to learn how Instagram actually works and how to optimize your posts per algorithms and protocols.
Conferring the ways in which Instagram works:
Instagram is a social media application and hence has a huge target audience of every age group, but specifically teenagers and adults. Instagram sorts out posts based on user’s preferences and reliability. The order of posts being displayed on an individual’s posts depends on the type of content he/she has been watching in the past few days. Also Instagram uses hashtag searches to know what content is trending. It displays only the recent posts between users’ last checkout and check-in period. Hence posting on relevant times and frequently is important. Instagram closely monitors its demographic to exclude fake accounts and promote accounts that have better user engagement.
Tips to reach more people on Instagram:
- Relevant times of posting content: As already stated, Instagram usually displays the most recent content between the checkout and check-in phase. This helps Instagram users get new and fresh content every time they login to the app. This keeps users amused and hooked to the app. There are times when users are most active and times when the population is least active you need to post content just before the most active. This is difficult to gauge but using Instagram’s demographics you can know when your content gets more likes and views over a period of time.
- More user-friendly content with hashtags to reach out better: Just making lots of content is not important, what is important is making content that is great and engages users to like or buy from you. This indicates interest in your content and business and helps Instagram identify your content and help you get more visibility. In order to achieve this make sure you have content that is user-oriented and helps users connect to you. It could be entertaining, knowledgeable or a daily use item anything that helps users find a need to buy. Use hashtags to help users find you better. InstaZoom can help you in finding those hashtags that the content becomes relatable to the content that the user is currently interested in and helps Instagram provide you better visibility.
- Encourage engagement on your profile: In order to reach out better on Instagram and get new followers to increase the traffic and sales on your profile, put up posts with great offers and discounts. Collaborate with influencers to gain trust of your audience. One thing that works the best is engaging offers, putting up an exciting gift or reward for people and asking them to participate on your profile by following you this way you get loads of followers with engagement. Put up polls to know user preferences and get more engagement.
- Instagram ads: Instagram ads are a great way to get more visibility. Instagram ads feature your products to a relevant buyer in a really attractive manner. You can put up your ad on an hourly, weekly or monthly basis. This helps you get engagement and sales easily while reaching out to a targeted and more potential audience.
- Optimize using keywords: Putting in targeted keywords that work well for your posts and niche is vital to get more business. Use keywords that have higher search volume and potential to optimize your post Instagram search. You can find keywords related to your business online or using SEO Tools for SEO.